Looking to buy one

Hi All,
Just registered on here, to find more info and buy a Almera 1.4 i ( mainly for insurance purpose inc. the wife ). i.e. Suspension - rear discs as std. or conversion, lowering springs, engine - any up grades inc. TURBO CHARGING, exhaust upgrades, wheels.

But first have to sell my 100 NX, which has now become a little un practical. Need more room for the soon to expand family.

So, any one who knows of a car that needs a new loving home give me a bell.

Thanks,
Jerry.

Hi Jery, welcome to the site.

The best 1.4 model is the Si, which had sports bumpers as standard. Regarding things suchas rear spoliers, disc brakes, these were all optional on the 1.4s so it is a hit and miss thing. Damo's SRi is the only one I know of the had rear discs (GTis had them standard though)
A good example is Tommos which, with a few tweaks here and there, has become a very well-rounded machine. He's done things such as the GTi bodykit, different grille and lowering for looks and performance - upgraded springs and shocks, and some engine modifications.
Dale also has a 1.4 which he has turbocharged but it ended up being quite costly I think.
Have a look through the members rides.
For buying, look out for rust around the sills, wheel arches, and suspension turrets. Less rust the better obviously.
A lot of the time the performance and feel of the car can be improved by just replacing worn items, as they are getting on a bit now so things like lambda sensors, filters, suspension will all need doing at some point to make the car feel newer.
Are you looking for a 3 or 5-door model? I have had both and the 3 door is definately more rigid, although the 5-door was so much more useful.
Hope this helps mate and that you enjoy your stay here.
It's worth paying the £15 membership for tech advice and help!
Corbs

Yo Corbs,
Thanks for the info. And WOW a 1.4 that has been force fead!!!!!!!!!!! He must b running a fair number of ponies if it has cost him a lot.
Cheers,
Jerry.

dales is a crackin bit of kit and in all fairness i cant wait to have a good ganders at it :D

the 1.4s are good tools mate, yeah fair enough they can be quite lazy, but for an 84bhp 1 ton car there still good runners. they make excellent work horses and are pretty much unbreakable engine wise. mine was just gonna be a runaround for 12 months but im so glad i kept at it, they really are a laugh and a half :D

welcome to the club, pay some membership and gain some knowledge :D

You better off buying the GTI. By the time you have bought, modded and insured a 1.4i, you would have spent enough money to buy a GTI and insure it.

Welcome to the Site :)

Not really, tax and insurance comes every year, and fuel costs keep going up.
The 1.4 Turbo won't be cheap on insurance and fuel.

The best 1.4 model is the Si, which had sports bumpers as standard. Regarding things suchas rear spoliers, disc brakes, these were all optional on the 1.4s so it is a hit and miss thing. Damo's SRi is the only one I know of the had rear discs (GTis had them standard though)
my N15 1.4GX had rear disks
RearBrakes.jpg

Back
Top Bottom