lowering my N16

• Thread starter Thread starter Ums
  • Start date Start date
I am running KYB excel G's in my sedan with some Kings custom springs. From memory they are a 50mm drop, maybe a touch more. Absolutely no scrubbing issues whatsoever.
I can post a pic if you like.

TallPaul86 said:
16" OZ Superturismo GT's paired up with BFGoodrich Radial T/A Tyres 205/55/R16 tyres on 3 wheels and a Champiro Tyre on another...

Unfortunately i ain't putting them up for sale now as no-one's got to me with the added bonus of trying to sell 'em at xmas time when everyone's SKINT!!

Plus i ain't reverting back to steelies - understeer was a major issue with those on so i'm keeping the wheels

You still sitting on PI's mate? How are they?

Weighing up PI/Apex/Eibach at the moment. Spax are out of the question as we've (friends) had bad experience with them before.

Best springs i found out there were the Apex ones. Cost around £95/£100 and give around a 35mm drop with sacrificing ride comfort.

Have recently put K-Sport coilovers on my N16, piece of p1ss. 5 bolts on each side at from and 3 on rears. Dont forget to unclip brake hose as pictured.

Suspension2.jpg

Suspension1.jpg

I've noticed a knock on mine, what is it that's knocking, anything to be concerned about? (just the fronts)

Mike said:
I've noticed a knock on mine, what is it that's knocking, anything to be concerned about? (just the fronts)

Well a common problem with some brands of lowering springs such as Spax and PI, is that for the N16 at least, the top coils of the front springs sit together as 'dead coils'. when you go over a bum these coils then clang together and can make some pretty horrendous bangs as i found out the hard way.

PI suggesten wrapping the spring in rubber hose, however this as expected wore through. Total crap

But nah its nothing to worry about, if thats what the noise you are hearing is. what kind of springs you got?

Well me personally i'm going to (hopefully) opt for this when i have enough dosh

Dunno whether i should keep the Apex springs or sell em and combine the Koni shocks with these as i've heard nothing but immense praise for the Koni/Eibach combo

I was looking at them today too but because I couldn't find Koni reds to fit my N16 I decided to go for Eibach Pro springs (30mm) and Koni Yellows.

Back
Top Bottom