Matt's GTi

Yeah i know but chris understands as he had the same with "slam". I think it might have just tipped me over the edge. lol, primera gt is still good though!?!

Well.. maybe.. I suppose.. at least it's not a Honda or God Forbid.. a Renault*.

* Yes Steven, I'm looking at you. Drives a Renault and has the cheek to use my rear cluster as his avatar on AoC** :rasp:
** JK S. Nothin' but love for ya. :smile:

Aaaaaarrgh ! The dreaded Rover 75 fake walnut burr :excl:

Nothing to do with Rover mate.. Walnut (well.. 'wooden') interior was an optional extra on the 1998 N15 range.

Could be worse.. gold coloured badges were the 'cool' factory-fitted option for the 1996 range.

Edit: just thought.. Sand it back and stain it black. Could look really nice.

They think that who ever done the sand blasting and powder coating, done it on the inside too. Which might have flaked off and went into the engine. But after looking at Chris' the day when taking it off it's exactly the same and came off a primera. No issues there.

Bottom end equals granny shifting :p

"Not double clutching like ya shud"

Either that or someone has been changing gear way to low on the rev range lol

Sent from my HTC Desire using my special rod!

its the sand blasting that is the problem.

the particles get lodged in the cover some where and when they break free they cause havoc.

the bookies favourite is the oil pump or the rocker cover as the cause of failure.

The issue comes from the media that used for blasting it gets EVERYWHERE. All behind the baffled etc.

I cleaned mine out every night for weeks in the bath blasting water/soap through it and I still got some glass dust out.

Ah. I would have assumed that adding any sort of cosmetic coating to the inside would be pointless and dangerous.
Surely you can check the old rocker cover to see if that's the case though?

Ah. I would have assumed that adding any sort of cosmetic coating to the inside would be pointless and dangerous.
Surely you can check the old rocker cover to see if that's the case though?

yeah, its powdercoated underneath. which means it wasnt covered, which means there is a 100% chance the blasting particles got in there too.

Sorry for bringing up an old topic - and not sure people even use this forum anymore...

But looking at buying this Almera tomorrow - Does anybody have contact details for Matt so I can ask him a few questions??

Cheers,
Charlie

Back
Top Bottom