maximum noobage

hello everyone,
great forum

i am the ultimate noob
22, student, just put deposit down for my first car! n16 03reg silver 1.5s, 25k, listed as 3999 got it for 3650, it is from a nissan dealer so i expected to pay for that, and the condition is good only thing was spot of rust on the lower passenger door! but it's being all sorted for pick up a week today, can't wait! :D

do you think i got ripped off? going halves with parents so they wanted to buy local, otherwise i would've gone to birmingham and picked up a 1.5 active special ed which is colour coded for 2k. there's a red 1.8 sport in my village too but the mileage was 70+k and the insurance would've sexually-abused me.

look forward to asking you noob questions.

san :)

Welcome.

For the mileage that's not too bad at all from a dealer, especially if they are sorting out the rust for you and if you get, say, a 3 month parts guarantee or something with it.

I paid just over that for a 2001 1.8 Sport with 24k on the clock a few months ago.

Ask them if they had the brakes serviced while they were holding it, if not get your local garage to give them a quick once-over (they have a tendency to seize, especially the rears, but it's usually no biggie) and you should be dandy, not much else commonly goes wrong with these cars. The 1.5 is a bit underpowered on fast hills but I loved mine and IMHO it will be a great 1st car as it handles well and is pretty driver-friendly and bulletproof.

Enjoy.

Welcome to the illustrious AOC - well actually there's fuck all ilustrious about it but it's gotta be bigged up eh? like our cars in a way but that's another story

Get some pics posted up in the members rides section as soon as you get the car buddy

:thumbs:

welcome to the club mate get a nice cat back and induction kit on there i got nearly 20bhp extra from mine :) needs to be quicker tho thinking bout putting mine on a diet the flywheel getting rid of my stupidly heavy 15inch sub

so what's the lowdown at halfords?
should (i not) buy from there? prices reasonable? good range of kit?

what online shops do you guys tend to use?

excuse the noob! :)

san

don't buy from halfrauds. most stuff are over priced and etc. like the wiper blads £20 for bosch ones when you can get the retro fit ones for about £12. only things I get from halfords can of primer and a bottle of DOT 5.1 fluid and some other little bits and bobs

im glad there are more and more n16's on here. less chances of looking odd at a meeting or a show lol (JAE 2007)

got the car today finally!

done about 75mile today mostly on d/c but i was in traffic, took 45mins to go 2mile! noticed the biting point wasn't generous, but maybe that's just me noobing.

didn't go over 80mph, even the 1.5 could do with a 6th gear, it was loud in the cabin i tell yer! :eek:
i want more power already!

another noob question, there's only supposed to be one reverse light right?... :O

san

Back
Top Bottom