My 1997 Sri. Completed. (56k? Have a nap)

Very nice motor Damo, looks sweet as fook. Black bodywork with black wheels always looks good. I like the rear lights too. Top work.

Would be great to see the interior with a leather retrim, with some nice leather reclining seats as a finishing touch.

great looking car, you have done a great job with it.

some huge brakes to fill those wheels out and an sr20 would finish it off perfectly imo :lol:

Wow it looks stunning.

So now you have 'finished' it you can use that extra time you have to clean my car :P

EDIT few things to add to that.

A rear splitter or rear spats (Like VZR ones) of some sort would improve the side profile a lot, and some P2 clear front lights (Maybe)

rearsplitterchop.jpg

Heres a bad chop of what it could look like with a P2 rear splitter. I rather like it, beefs up the back a lot IMO.

I really like this mate, very very tidy indeed good job !!!

Two things I personally dont like is the raised bonet and the repeaters but the rest of the car is top notch.

Really really nice car, looks perfect, modded but tastefully done. Really hate PH1 lights but they look really subtle and nice sprayed black. So where you source the splitter and clear side repeaters from, not something you really find in a scrappies!? I like the font on the license plates aswell.

Game: Font on plates is UK road legal. Since 2001 the letters have been closer together to accomodate a GB badge if you are driving on the continent.

As for the splitter and reapeaters, its amazing what you find in a Porsche dealers bin and a out the back door of a Maserati dealer when your mate works there (fitted by previous owner)

Corbs: I hate you and i hate photoshop! Just made me spend more money!

your car looks really good. the outside is immaculate, nice one. the only thing i dont like about it is the pillar pods. i dont know if its just me but ive always hated them.

Mackers said:
the only thing i dont like about it is the pillar pods. i dont know if its just me but ive always hated them.

When you`ve actually seen this car in person, (it`ll be on the AOC stand @ JAE ;) ) you`ll change your mind, as they do actually fit with the context of the car. :)

Damo-Sri said:
As for the splitter and reapeaters, its amazing what you find in a Porsche dealers bin and a out the back door of a Maserati dealer when your mate works there (fitted by previous owner)

Well if you find any more of those splitters in a bin or somewhere else drop me a PM ;)

Few winter tweaks

Bonnet lowered again (people kept yanking on it, especially the Police, and twisted the hinge on the drivers side which i have now replaced.) Standard front plate due to Police attention for my cut-size carbon one. And some red front calipers (sorry Kurt) as i was bored and actually quite like them. No headlight brows due to retarded neighbors child and a football cracking one in half (not happy).

Other than that shes sealed for winter and has had some paint correction done to remove swirls form a couple of panels. She is now sporting a fresh set of painted rear quarters and painted tailgate. I dont do rust and it was about to become aparrent on both arches and the tailgate. Now 100% rust free.

DSC03718.jpg

DSC03721.jpg

DSC03722.jpg

Erm, i got both rear quarters painted, tailgate painted, arch lips rebuilt and a scratch on the spoiler touched in for 160 quid. Dropped in at 8.30am and collected at 6pm.

RRP of all the work: best part of 500 quid. Having a mate work after hours in a bodyshop: Priceless.

Back
Top Bottom