My 205 mi16,if anyone fancies a peek...

I have soft spot for these little cars, they just look sooo f*cking mean!!!

Can I have it? lol.

Like the black whees and she will be a bit of a weapon with the new lump!!
Not a fan of the BX though sorry, its just meh! lol. IMO of course :p

I presume you have no plans other than to put it to rest though *hopefully* :p

Will be a really nice car when done, but the Mi 205 is turning into the next XE Nova....there everywhere.

The bx went to a good home!

Kurt, i know they are a bit common, but not many round here. And if someone offered you an extra 40bhp for 150 notes, would you say no? ;)

funny you should bring up the Mi16 thing, I've not long since finished my conversion, and it's silly quick! What gearbox are you gonna put on it? Mine's not gonna go on the road so I don't need a tall box, so I've got a 1.6 on it. Absolutely rapid through the gears! quick suggestion, get some gear rods off Miles on 205gtidrivers, and get a quickshift off him too. makes such a massive difference to the gearchange, tight, precise and smooth. well worth the money.

I quite like those BX's as well. My mum went through 3 when I was a kid, 1 red 8v GTi and 2 black 16Vs, one of each phase. That said I've been getting an itch for a 405 Mi16x4 recently, but can't bring myself to part with the 306.

just a pic or two of mine now it's done. when yours is done that'll make 3 cherry red 205 Mi16 owners on here :D

Already have Constella gear rods, quickshift and gearstick. Makes a hell of a differance! I'm sticking with the 1.9 8v box as the 16v had a slight crunch into 2nd. Shes nearly done, just 5 more wires to connect and the radiator to do, then time for some fun!

hehe good stuff. keeping the interior or are you making a track only slag out of it? the 1.9 box is longer than the Mi16 box, which is generally considered the best one for normal road use. I just want cheap thrills so I've stuck with a 1.6 box. what have ou done about radiator - inlet manifold clearance? I didn't want to tilt the enine restricting oil pickup so I used a QEP wedge to re-angle the exhaust manifold, but the radiator sits aganist the inlet as it is. gonna sort that out asap, but for now it's not too bad as the stupid stiff engine mounts keep the engine pretty much solid.

Im keeping it as a road car as its my only vehicle. Shes all complete now, and cricky is she quick! Ive got bbm engine mounts, and a qep angle plate. I made 2 mounts for the bottom of the rad which angle it away from the inlet, then found a k11 micra radiator fan, which allowed me to get rid of the huge fan set up that i was having trouble with! Everything fits together fine now. Just the rest of the dash to fit, then im going back to shocks and springs instead of coilovers. A set of silver wheels and she'll look o.e spec, which is what im after.

good stuff! if you sell the coilovers let me know. fancy lowering mine a bit more. I'm on the lookout for some Mi16 OEM 5 spoke alloys for it too, which I'm told are ten-a-penny but dammed if I can find any (apart from a set I'm watching on ebay). With my radiator, I've tried tilting it away from the manifold as much as I can but doing that stops the grill from going on properly, and I'm too shallow to run it without a grill :D. The plastic cowling has been chopped down as much as possible, bt I think I might try ditching it altogether and making my own bracket to hold the radiator lower down beneath the inlet. The vent on the lower valance is for some reason blocked as standard on these, god knows why, so I'll just take the backing off it for some more air. Also got a GTi6 inlet manifold and throttle body that I was going to fit to my 306, but apparently it offers a decent gain over the standard mi16 one, so I might put it on there instead. Thinking of selling the 306 anyway for a 205 1.9 or a pre-converted 309 mi16 for the road, so no real loss.

Quick vid of mine running for the first time. you can't really see anything, but you get the idea :D. no idea what speed/rpm it got up to as the speedo and dash lights don't work yet. Get some footage of yours up!
Click

If your having trouble with the dash lights, plug in the dash light brightness resistor, as this completes the circuit....i found out the hard way!

Back
Top Bottom