My 99 Mystic GT

Hey guys its about time I should show you our new car!

After me and my father had come to an agreement that a 2.0 Primera GT can be used as a family car etc we spent over a month looking for the right one.

The criteria was simple decent mileage, must be a saloon and no modifications!

DSC00652.jpg

DSC00665.jpg

DSC00666.jpg

The car is extremely smooth to drive and has a very comfortable interior, damn shame though as its my dads car and I am only allowed to drive the car with his full permission and only occasionally :(

awsome looking car, thats just what im after ;),just need to sell my car as found a nice one with lpg conversion , just dont scratch it as the paint is like rocking horse shit !!

nice car!
the wife has the micra with the chromflair flip paint, it goes red / orange.

by the way the paint is £450 a litre!!!!

Thank you guys, just a quick question what wax would you guys recommend? With all previous cars I have just simply used turtle wax colour magic plus but that is specific to a colour and this car has too many :lol:

turtlewax.gif

get some collinite off ebay/detailing site, pretty cheap and lasts well, plus it gives a good shine, you can spend more and get a slightly better shine but its really good long lasting stuff for not a lot of money, cant go wrong tbh.

looks nice and tidy, get a set of clear rear lights of an earlier p11, up to 98ish iirc they had clear, after that they went orange, will look 10 times nicer and its not really a modification, just putting right nissans mistake of using orange.

get some collinite off ebay/detailing site, pretty cheap and lasts well, plus it gives a good shine, you can spend more and get a slightly better shine but its really good long lasting stuff for not a lot of money, cant go wrong tbh.

looks nice and tidy, get a set of clear rear lights of an earlier p11, up to 98ish iirc they had clear, after that they went orange, will look 10 times nicer and its not really a modification, just putting right nissans mistake of using orange.

Funnily enough that is the exact same thing 1 of the guys who came with us to buy the car suggested. I shall have a look around NPOC!

original.jpg

test1.jpg

So guys simple yay or nay, should I go through the headache? Cheers

Do it! Love the paint colour on these! As for products to use, don't waste your time with Halfords stuff or Turtle wax. Get onto www.cleanyourcar.co.uk and have a look around for what's in your budget/look you want to achieve as there as huge number of products on there which alot better

Do it! Love the paint colour on these! As for products to use, don't waste your time with Halfords stuff or Turtle wax. Get onto www.cleanyourcar.co.uk and have a look around for what's in your budget/look you want to achieve as there as huge number of products on there which alot better

Thanks for that Chris, I cant wait to get some decent polish/wax on the car as it luckily has a nice and clean rust free body.

Underseal is also on the list soon!

I don't see what your problem is with Turtle Wax Chris, I've been using it for years & it works just fine. They also have universal polish for cars with any colour, so you can't go wrong with that. :)

its not what you use its how you use it. you could use the best shampoo/polish/wax etc and used with a cheap micro fibre still have a so so finish.

Just saw this thread, the car looks suspiciously like the one I was about to buy last year, just lovely. Yay, on the rear clusters ;) ive used a few turtle wax products myself and think they're fine, like Dave said ^ its what you do with it that counts. Time and sweat = show and shine.

Update time, car was taken for a good run today after over a week as the dead original Nissan battery was finally replaced and the road conditions were also much better!

I also decided to get the car washed as it was left quite mucky from grit/sleet from the past few days.

gt2.jpg

gt1.jpg

gt3.jpg

Hopefully the next set of pictures will be taken once the car has had a layer or 2 of wax applied. Thanks for looking.

Back
Top Bottom