My Autech now sold to SRi Alan ....

Autech with new rear end

Hey matty. No plans really just getting the body kit sorted out for now. Id quite like quad throttle bodies.
I need to get the proper size battery for it though, the current halfords one isnt tied down and has been jammed in with the original battery try folded down to fit it :( Id like to get a flare for the flare holder but i know a certain ex-halfords employee who'd probably set it off in the car if he got hold of it :lol:

Hopefully gonna sell the SRi, cant afford to run both now.

Heres some new pictures with the new rear end:

DSC03423.jpg

DSC03424.jpg

DSC03426.jpg

DSC03427.jpg

DSC03425.jpg

DSC03429.jpg

DSC03434.jpg

DSC03433.jpg

DSC03431.jpg

DSC03435.jpg

DSC03436.jpg

DSC03437.jpg

DSC03438.jpg

DSC03439.jpg

I think it looks so much better with the spoiler/splitter! If you're thinking of selling any SRi parts on the cheap I might be interested mate ;)

Looks really good. :cool:

Is that a ground kit I see installed there? Is that standard or something you've done? Quad throttle's would sound amazing, but then you'd need shares in Shell. :D

And for god sake, don't let Pete anywhere near a flare.

Yeah the ground kit was one of the first things I did, along with removing the resonator boxes from the intake and putting one of those pipercross flexi pipes in that you handily had in Ripspeed at the time - cheers!

Thought I recognised that hose. :D

I've read quite a lot about ground kits but its something I've never got round to doing, but I should I suppose...esp with Italian electrics. :roll: Notice any real difference?

Not really on this one. When i had it on the SRi I suppose it started a bit better. But then the lightened flywheel meant it started within about a second of turning the key, it was almost instant.
How is the coupe anyway? I was looking at my sister Ford Puma today, which is just back from the body shop after she drove into a taxi. I couldnt shut the bonnet and everytime I lifted it, the lights flashed and the horn tooted. Some interesting electrics from Ford evidently.
Incidentally the grounding kit was also another product on the house from Halfords.

Hmmmmm I want a lightened flywheel, maybe when I get a six speeder box. The coupe is fine thanks, only really gets used at the weekends to be honest now I've got the van, tempted to put her off the road over the winter.

Ahhhh good old Halfrauds eh?!

Hey mate I think you really need to get hold of the autech bodykit they set the car off sooo well, also i actually prefer them in silver.. take a look at this (L)

Attachments

• Lucino_Autech_front.jpg
    Lucino_Autech_front.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 70
yeah you are right there (you jammy bastard lol) and ive been researching it alot, but im not really keen to spend £800+ on getting a replica bumper over from new zealand, well not yet anyway. Im quite happy just now to have it looking like a phase 1 as its a bit more subtle and its fun suprising people. it would be better tho to have the full kit and worry people. how is yours coming along with registration etc? do you know the history of yours? i know im the 4th uk owner of mine, and i know it came direct from japan but apart from that ive no idea.

Alan was there any big disadvantages of a lightened flywheel, because ive heard that it has a bad idle and that you have to give it a load of revs starting off in traffic.

the autech hasnt got a lightened flywheel, but the sri does. its fine, it idles perfect, starts instantly and you get used to it pretty quickly. just a bit of a pain in traffic queues. but it is possible to let it tick over in gear and it will drive along on its own. the sr20 light weight flywheels dont seem to loose as much weight as the ga16 lightweight flywheel does, so it should be better than mine.

Cheers. Yeh i meant the sri, I should of said. I just wanted to know off someone that actually has one instead of people guessing what they must be like.

no worries, its well worth it. makes the car alot quicker through the gears and makes it feel more powerful than it is.

Definatley! also reduces engine wear as it doesnt have to turn as much weight on the Fly, I've got one on my GTi and when you set off in first the rev counter spins round as if it were in neutral. supposedly adds around 17bhp in 1st gear. Definatley my best mod for the money.

Is it a job to be done at the same time as a clutch, or is it easy enough to do aslong as the car is on the ramps.

its a gearbox out job im afraid, best if you put a new clutch in at the same time for that reason.

Back
Top Bottom