My Autech project

yes yes yes, the car is looking soooooo nice. looks on point now, love everything!!
new rear silencer is wonderful, pictures saved yO!

Reactions: Mij
After seeing Robs Autech thread I thought I'd do a small update on mine.

Bought these a few months ago, you may recognize them as they've been on few members cars over the years including Dales Autech and Hallys VZR

The paint was flaking off and the edges were kerbed so decided on a quick refurb.

Decided to respray them in the same colour

Quite pleased with the overall look...

Just need to tidy up a few bits up and it should be back on the road for summer.

Looks good bud I didn't think you still had this!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Its been parked up since Sept last year. I was thinking of getting rid but my youngest brother wont let me lol. I think ill probably just drive it as it is until he gets his license.

Hoping to get the Autech on the road by the end of the month. Last year I noticed the engine used to get extremely hot and I also noticed a slight leak coolant leak from somewhere. I had the car pressure tested today it seems to be the waterpump.

Anyone here ever had to change one?

Where can I buy a new one?

Is the waterpump is the same as a UK gti?

Any help appreciated.

Water pumps pretty easy to change bud just fiddly. Remove the pulley bolts before removing the tension on the belt. I found removing the engine mount made it a little easier too.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The very same thing happened to mine with it being stood.
Like Chunky says, take off the engine mount and jack the engine up to reach the top bolts and lower it to do the bottom one's.

Almera Gti pump is the same

Thanks a lot guys much appreciated!

I'll try buy a new UK Gti waterpump this week and get it done.

other bits still to do

* Try figure out why the Gti maf+nistune not working properly idling at 2k rpm
* Wheel alignment
* Bleed the brakes

Back
Top Bottom