My CA18DE+T engined N15 almera.

hiya guys and girls.

I havnt been on here in a while and i guess i have kept this one a lil quiet.

well i have managed to fit a ca18det engine from a 200sx into my almera. it was hard work but worth it. i will never forget the scooby wrx owners face when i fcuked off! any who some of the spec. . . . .

ca18det engine with t25 turbo
hks intercooler with stainless pipework (still in development)
200 sx wiring loom
200sx ecu
nissan sunny nx gearbox
gtir shaft and custom shaft
gtir inner cv joints
side exit exhaust (soon to be 3" system)
no cat. (not required as engine is older than 1992)
custom engine mounts (bodged really but new sturdy engine mounts in production)

thats pretty much it for the engine really. but now i kno it can be done its going to be more powerful when she comes back out to play.

some of the items already aquired for the engine rebuild are 444cc injectors, t28rs turbo, z32 maf, greddy profec b spec 2 boost controller, apexi safc.

any who enough of reading its time to see some pics.

my car at modified nationals last year

IMGP0190.jpg

the intercooler

DSC00269.jpg

the engine

DSC00994.jpg

the turbo

DSC00999.jpg

the engine bay (primer)

DSC01013.jpg

the first fitting!

DSC01014.jpg

gearbox mount

DSC01015.jpg

front engine mount (solid)

DSC01016.jpg

close fit! and yes that is a master cyl for the clutch ;)

DSC01019.jpg

engine bay painted

DSC01020.jpg

the final fitment

DSC01021.jpg

DSC01023.jpg

the end result

DSC01049.jpg

Kudos marks for doing something different but I'd have to say why bother taking a bullet proof engine out and putting in what's widely regarded as the worst engine nissan have ever produced?

They don't call it a cheese block for nothing.

To be fair well looked after CA18DETs do perform very well, especially with upgraded internals.

Presumably if RWD SR20DETs fit into S13s... then you could do a RWD SR20DET conversion? With the wiring loom, ecu and all associated bolt ons?
I suppose it would have to be an early one as the VVT ones are a bit longer/wider.

yeah i dont see why not corbs. to be honest my friend wanted to drop a small block chevvy in there! oh dear! i think the next conversion is going to be a 3L v6 from a nissan maxima in a almera. he he

yeah i dont see why not corbs. to be honest my friend wanted to drop a small block chevvy in there! oh dear! i think the next conversion is going to be a 3L v6 from a nissan maxima in a almera. he he

Been done in the US to the N16/B15 ;) - http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=174641

Top marks mate the car on the outside looks great and it's got the power on the inside too :thumb:. That wiring loom gives me a headache just looking at it!

Fair doo's, wouldn't of been my choice but certainly different. I would of done a K20a. ha

The RWD SR20 is not suited to a transverse mounting as there isn't a FWD gearbox that will mount the bellhousing.

Nice conversion bud.

Did you use the clutch master cylinder from an Almera diesel?

This is the FWD CA18 from the Bluebird..

This is NOT the RWD engine...

Nice conversion bud..

Cant help thinkin why you have put in such work to reduce the power?.. IIRC.. the Bluebird CA was around 130/140bhp?

This been Dyno'd?..

Obviously.. this has scope for a lot ore.. but not as much as the SR20?..

Still cool though.

I think the clutch master from a GTi-R would also fit, I was looking at this a few months ago and the fitment looks identical

yea the gtir one is identical and kristian did ya not notice the pic with the turbo on?? the engine is from a nissan sunny nx i have been told. yes they are around 137bhp N/A. the engine is comin out again soon and im goin to be using the 200sx engine bottom end and the original head. of corse the head is goin to be re worked and the bottom end forged. i took one of my experienced tuner friends out in the car with me and he said it was defo over 200bhp. he was impressed when the boost came in in 3rd gear and spun up the wheels.

many thanks for all the comments, i will have a bigger addition to this when i have to roll cage etc fitted. il be sure to take pictures etc along the way.

Very nice conversion :thumb: A lot of potential in the RWD CA so I presume the FWD version is the same??? Will definately be keepin an eye on this one!

Back
Top Bottom