My CA18DE+T engined N15 almera.

dont forget this used to be an SRi so its a step up kristian ;)

top skills boss well done

opp.. I see.. Well EXTRA Kudos there then pal..!

The FWD and RWD CA are quite different IIRC..

No oil squirters and obviously lhigher compression.. Weaker Rods and Pistons in general..

Obviously, all this would be solved with the FWD Bottom end and a good exhaust system and MAP.
( if the above is completly true or in part )

200bhp is quite easily attained.. Ive got 2x 200sx's both running Original CA, one with pretty standard set-up and one running a H-DEV stage 2 chip and appropriate mods..

..around 180bhp and 260 bhp respectivly..

Im getting a lot more familier with the CA's now.. For reliability without costing the earth in this instance. Id be inclined to run somthing like the 200sx Stage2 Equliviant

DYNO..!

lol yea this is true kristian. i am planing on gettin another engine and havin it forged. some one was talkin about a stroker kit for these to make them a 1.9? do you know of this? and ive been told to get my arse to horsham developments.

lol yea this is true kristian. i am planing on gettin another engine and havin it forged. some one was talkin about a stroker kit for these to make them a 1.9? do you know of this? and ive been told to get my arse to horsham developments.

Depends on what electrics you are running mate..

What ECU most importantly?..

Stroker kit is definatly not needed.. 300bhp is quite realistic with a CA bottom end.. (with new bearings at bottom common to go.. easy to change)..

Then a decent MLS Headgasket..

Garret T28 and 0.9 and 1.2 bar boost settings should see you lower and higher ends of 200bhp..

However you'll need at least a CHIP to suite.

kristian, im pretty sure tho that the bluebird turbo engine isnt 16 valve

DSC01021.jpg

This isn't the sunny turbo lump.. that IS hard work.. wanna go through some heads??

Even says it on the tin.. ^THIS^ is the engine im referring to guys with Previous posts

Sunny ZX for Reference.. N/A as mr CORBS says

6055190035_large.jpg

pretty much corbs it went pop. i removed the head to find the pistons had quite alot of slap in them, and one had a good tell tale of det. after a quote for re build and not having the space/time to sort out myself she has been sat looking sorry for her self. so i have got myself a gti. i knew i would one day, and i just fancied one. i know i could have put a second hand engine in but its just not having the garage/space/time to do it. i will miss her. have been breaking for parts for the past week and have had some interest.

the good thing is though that most of the bits will be a straight swap over to my new gti. exhaust, brakes, engine mount etc.

so i guess its good bye ca18det and hello sr20de. if any one is interested in any parts then just ask. i dont bite. the car is located in hull, east yorks. any interest then contact me by my email dj__browny@hotmail.com or call me on 07912660979. cheers

yea i guessed most people on here would be impressed, and yea like i say im gutted. but the new gti is black too so i can get swapping, the vzr grille is on already. most of the other bits will be swapped this weekend. (weather permitting) but most of the body is still there for people to grab bits from.

yup i do but you may need to find a gearbox with the slave cyl. it pretty much is like a pulsar gtir set up. im not sure how you can adapt the slave cyl to work a cable box thats all. im pretty sure there is a pic of the clutch slave cyl on page 1?

True, it's a CA18ET not DET, So single cam 8 valve. There was no FWD CA18DET's.

actually hally there was a ca18det bluebird. its not very well known but it was 4wd and featured a ca18det engine the same as the 200sx. was only originally released in japan. i cant remember the actual name of the car. il do some digging and see about getting some pics up.

yup i do but you may need to find a gearbox with the slave cyl. it pretty much is like a pulsar gtir set up. im not sure how you can adapt the slave cyl to work a cable box thats all. im pretty sure there is a pic of the clutch slave cyl on page 1?

shouldnt be an issue

Back
Top Bottom