my car update

all i can find is bloody 40mm springs?even in mags they list nothing for almeras just 350z and skylines?

yeah coilovers is the only way and like sam said above, even with 40mm springs a lot of people have had mixed results. some can seem a decent amount lower, others barely seem to make any difference.

whoever designed the arches and ride height of our cars needs shooting. i'm so used to how low mine is with coilys i can hardly believe i bought it when i see old pics at standard height! :eek: :P

they do sit like trucks lol but i dont want coilovers there too harsh for everyday use imo, so when i look for springs etc i need to but a ph1 kit as the ph2 are different aint they?mines a 1997

they do sit like trucks lol but i dont want coilovers there too harsh for everyday use imo, so when i look for springs etc i need to but a ph1 kit as the ph2 are different aint they?mines a 1997

Exactly mate - between a steep garage drive that limits access, the high price & harsh ride - coilies are just too much. So lowering springs are the only option for me overall.

Yes the Ph2 springs are different and won't fit on yours (unless you changed your shocks as well).

Exactly mate - between a steep garage drive that limits access, the high price & harsh ride - coilies are just too much. So lowering springs are the only option for me overall.

ah well this is where you're both wrong!! :P

if sam's are still available, for £400 you get coilies that are as soft as standard on the soft setting, as high as standard on high setting and still awesome handling, you can find what's best for you! plus how much is ful set of springs and shocks? in the long run, coilys win - i'm tellin ya! :P :cool:

well i think its deffo gonna be the springs at the mo,i no coilovers look the part but the roads are crap around here(well everywhere).i also need to get up a kerb to get on my drive so im sure 40mm will be enough. the rear looks ok now but the front is noise bleed hight lol

would go with the coilovers aswell m8 coz u can set how harsh a ride u want and what height u want 2 get over speed bumps etc

got 40mm springs on mine at the moment and do look pretty low and the front scrapes kerbs on some occasions bt I think if I didnt have 17's the gap between the arch and the wheels would look huge:eek:

PI's are very 'ish' quality, some have been known to snap, but some go on for ages and no trouble, bit hit and miss.

Back
Top Bottom