My dyno results

Had my car on the dyno today for the first time. Car is completely standard apart from an apexi panel filter and S-AFC II.

180.9BHP @ 7489RPM (149mph)
129.0 lbft torque @ 7215RPM

Haven't got my digital camera at the moment so can't post up a pick of the results sheet. all and all well pleased with them!! Had an apexi RSM fitted before i left aswell :)

i was shocked when i saw the results for the first run.. only 159bhp. This was due to the fact fourth gear was used and the car hit the 180kph speed limiter at 6500rpm even before the second stage of vvl kicked in.

Installed an apexi rsm at that stage to remove the speed limiter & done a couple more runs while adjusting the S-AFC for fueling and eventually got 180.9bhp in 5th gear.

Gonna be getting an uprated clutch and fidanza flywheel in the next few weeks coming

i always thaught you had to use 4th gear as it was the straight threw gear on a 5 speed box box? Meaning nothing get's multiplied or divided by the gears so you get a true reading? Correct me if im wrong?

Also i presume that is flywheel power? If so the torque seem's a little low, before a few of my last mod's my car produced 168bhp but 135toque? Your car prduces nearly 15bhp more but less torque?

Nice one. Would like to see some WHP results as Rowdy has said.

Just needs a 2.0 bottom end, and your onto a winner.

Yeah thats 180.9 @ the flywheel. According to the graph WHP looks to be around 124-125?? isn't there a way of calculating it using flywheel BHP and something else?

GTi kurt said:
Just needs a 2.0 bottom end, and your onto a winner.

Has anyone got any links for information on converting to a 2 litre bottom end?

nos4a2 said:
Yeah thats 180.9 @ the flywheel. According to the graph WHP looks to be around 124-125?? isn't there a way of calculating it using flywheel BHP and something else?

Think it would be about 160whp, from a rough guess. But that's all it is.....a guess. You'd need to get it on rollers that just give you whp to find out.

All the info on a 20ve bottom end conversion will be on the SR20 Forum. Where it has been done before.

if your car went on a rolling road then the flywheel horsepower is the one that has been estimated. To accuractly measure flywheel power you need to use an engine dyno, something completely different

syms said:
if your car went on a rolling road then the flywheel horsepower is the one that has been estimated. To accuractly measure flywheel power you need to use an engine dyno, something completely different

I'm confused, i always thought a rolling road and an engine dyno were the same thing?!

Darren198712 said:
Lol he sounds like a noobie that knows nothing about VVL lol

You're one to talk :lol:

Im sure that all you need to convert to 2.0 is the crank and rods. The bottom end on sr20de's are the same, theres no bottom end for the sr20ve thats different as the changes are in the head.

An engine dyno bench tests the engine out of the car and determines the flywheel power. A rolling road measures wheel HP and CALCULATES flywheel power.

flywheel calculations are always estimates, never really that accurate unless they know the specific transmission losses for your car, which they won't. Unless you've had the engine out and tested at the flywheel, you don't know the flywheel power, only the wheel power.

And the VZ-R makes 180bhp from a 1.6 in the same way a motorbike engine makes 180bhp from a 1.0, and an F1 car makes 900bhp from a 2.4. roughly, power = torque x RPM. bike and F1 engines don't produce a great deal of torque, but have massive RPM ranges, so they make massive power.

in your run of the mill road car, you can't afford to scrimp on torque too much, because you'll find yourself unable to get up hills or pull away cleanly in traffic etc.

120fltbs is plenty of torque for an 1120 kg car..180bhp seems generous without a decat and exhaust system TBH..who did the dyno for you?

Back
Top Bottom