my ga16de+t

well after a very very hard decision, ive had to sell my skyline, but couldnt cope with no turbo in my life, so i decied the mera was lacking in power and needed boosting, so here it is now,

PICT0060.jpg

PICT0059.jpg

PICT0058.jpg

then brought, a green cotton air filter, front and rear strut braces,
SP_A0104.jpg

SP_A0105.jpg

then i brought some 17" rims off, wazzaracer, cheers mate. which are currently been reverbed, white with a polised lip,
rims1.jpg

next up i orded some brand new gti shocks, which havent came yet, and 35mm pi lowering springs,
now the turbo parts i have at the moment are a td05 16g turbo from a wrx, 550cc nismo injectors, from a sr20det, and a wolfkats fuel rail, two cosmetic triple layer head gaskets to lower compresion, a hks front mount intercooler from my old skyline, a limited edition black hks ssqv bov, and a greddy e manage ecu,
i think thats it for now but i will post up more soon

where did you get the cometic head gasket? i wasnt aware they made them for the GA16DE?

welcome to the club. be interesting to see how your build goes.

so i take it you are using the two head gaskets together to lower the compression?

i was right cometic dont make triple layer head gaskets for the GA16, nor will they make them custom.

what have you got???

i was right cometic dont make triple layer head gaskets for the GA16, nor will they make them custom.

what have you got???

i emailed cometic europe, sent them a pic of a standard head gasket, and spec, they gave me a quote, so i said yes, and they arnt cheap either

i emailed cometic europe, sent them a pic of a standard head gasket, and spec, they gave me a quote, so i said yes, and they arnt cheap either

strange... i emailed them earlier and they refused to price for a MLS gasket.

do you mind telling me what they cost?

well ill be damned.

i (and many others) didnt think it was possible.

how on earth did he overbore 4mm in the GA

cheers mate thats a good opion, the only reason im going for uprated head gaskets, is i dont want to keep having to rip the head off every time it blows the standard gasket.

shouldnt blow the standard gasket, what makes you think it will?

All the boost bits you've got are overkill for a GA16DE+T.
The turbo's too big, so you'll be lagging like a bitch, and when you've actually got it boosting the engine will only be strong enough to take 8 PSI or similar on a TD05, due to the stock internals.
Also the Intercooler's gonna be huge which aint gonna help the lag.
And 550cc Injectors.. Well we don't even use stuff that big on low boost SR20's on here!
I think the bits you've got would be suited to a fully forged GA+T, as big boost + big fuelling + big intercooler + strong engine = BIG power figures.
But as your only gonna need 10 PSI on a small turbo max to make the most of stock internals, I'd get either a T2, or T25 and you'll get nigh on full boost by 2k revs, all the way to Redline, and I'd run either 330cc SR20VE injectors, or 370cc Purple S14 SR20DET injectors.
Oh, and a fairly small FMIC with very short and direct boost pipes.
Should see you 200whp no problem.
Joe

well bit of a update, ive had a major rethink since shaggy_master made a good valid point, cheers mate you have saved me alot of money, i.e, i was thinking of a fully forged build,
right so here it is so far i sold most of the stuff i had, and brought this lot instead,

tdo4 turbo,
turbo2.jpg

turbo1.jpg

limited edition hks ssgv in black,
bov3.jpg

bov2.jpg

bov1.jpg

since i brought the turbo ive found that the actuator is fcuked, so im buying a 40mm external wastegate,
wastegate.jpg

and poping on a 40mm xs power screamer pipe,
screamer.jpg

now ive just brought as i type a set of sr20det 370cc injectors,
and thats it for now, im just going to get on the dyno next month, to see what power ive got now, so i can have dyno sheets from before turbo build and after, im hoping for around 90bhp, as its got a green cotton filter, custom exhaust and a decat.

Back
Top Bottom