my green machine - the n16 :)

Lol well the wedding is in one year time so plenty of time to give it a second thought :p nah just kidding.

Back to the car topic I spotted a weird thing on the way back from Crail, few times the car just jumped out from the fifth gear ... :/ i mean i changed it from 4 to 5, gave it a welly and it just unplugged the gear o_O when i was holding it in gear it behaved ok ... it doesn't feel good or look cheap to fix ... :/

Im loving the car :D
Get the alloys smoked... i think black would look niceeee with the green :D Not a big fan of green either. But it all looks good together :D

And yes save up for a 1.8 n16... There reallly sweet. And from what i hear we need more on the n16 side ;)

Dave

Back to the car topic I spotted a weird thing on the way back from Crail, few times the car just jumped out from the fifth gear ... :/ i mean i changed it from 4 to 5, gave it a welly and it just unplugged the gear o_O when i was holding it in gear it behaved ok ... it doesn't feel good or look cheap to fix ... :/

I noticed once when giving my 1.5 N16 a thrashing the gearstick started vibrating a lot more than usual in 4th - after putting it into 5th it settled down.

I don't know if it's a similar problem but I do think my gearbox is a bit dodgy (and Darren has proved the 1.5 gearboxes are rubbish)

There's definitely a weakness in the 1.5 box. I've read of people's dying at 40k.

I think mine was going just before I managed to part-ex it off to a dealer :D

Hahaha. I heard that P1 boxes can be worse but I don't know.

The guy I bought mine off told me it'd had the box replaced early in it's life, but I don't know if that's true or not. He also told me he didn't know why the O/S/R door doesn't unlock with the central locking - I do....

There's definitely a weakness in the 1.5 box. I've read of people's dying at 40k.
tell me about it

I am on my 3rd gearbox. 1st one was blown at 25k miles when Nissan serviced it and a week later it blown but I got a new one under warranty then another one blown recently at about 60k so im on my 3rd one. but to be honest the 2nd one lasted ages considering when they changed the clutch the gearbox was leaking oil (Driveshaft seals). it only had 0.5lts in when I swapped the clutch at about 58k. and I think its been low on oil a long time.

Darren

Damn ... any cheapo places you could recommend to pick up g'box? scrappy/garage/anything could do (within sensible distance from Dundee lol ;P ) ? rough estimate of costs? I'd be grateful for the info :)

Back
Top Bottom