My GTi so far

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 939
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 939

Finally got the car to a stage where im prepared to show photos of her, so they're below!

current mods:
PiperX Vector w/ Cold air feed
Removed rear seats/carpeted rear
OMP bucket seats and 4-point Cobra harnesses
Fidanza Flywheel
'Nismo' Shortshifter
Wilksy De-cat

Planned mods for the summer:
Group Buy coilovers
Custom built s/s 2.5" full exhaust system inc. manifold + heatwrapped

Pics:
mera0606.jpg

mera06062.jpg

mera06063.jpg

mera06064.jpg

mera06065.jpg

mera06066.jpg

mera06067.jpg

So there ya go lol, what's everyone think? if anything

Looking good. Wont be long b4 you start stripping out the interior a bit more!

I see you`ve used a carpet where the back seats were to tidy things up a bit.

Cut the cold air feed back a bit then mesh over where the foglight was....it`ll look better that way.

Looks really good mate, very nice :)

I think some phase 2 lights would set it off really well.

Should be good to see it on coilovers too!

Gary

Looks good! You need to remove the front seat belts though, they prob weigh a bit by themselves.

Ive got a cold air feed similar, but what ive done is got one of the big pipercross anodized mouth things and attached it to the chassis just behind the fog light and angled it down a bit so it sucks from the vent under the fog. Then attached the feed pipe to the back of it. Obviously you cant see it but if you look through the vent you can. The only problem is that they cost about £50 from pipercross (that includes 2x mouth things and rubber/ braided tubing stuff)

FiatBravo: He's got phase 1 lights cos he liked them more than phase 2's (and probably flogged them for more than some phase 1's cost him lol)

I'd forgotten about the front seatbelts! ill go out in a min and tear them out!

with regards to the cold air feed, it's a bit of a work in progress at the minute, that feed thats in there now is a crap halfords one, I've got one in my room which is a much better quality and has rubber ends on each end to protect the tin, one end has a flair too which i will blend into a foglight cover (when i can find some!) and stick this in, if anyones got any foglight covers off a P2 Si, SRi or GTi PM me!

Thinking about getting the wheels coated black instead of white but i always change my mind again when they're clean. Although im definatley going to cover the calipers in black hammerite, anyone any advice on this? will i be able to do it without removing them from the car? (dont really fancy bleeding the brakes through if they're removed).

Thanks for all the comments though! I still stand by my theory that P1 rear lights look better on P2's like mine! even though lots of people have told me to buy some p2 lights (made a nice profit on mine though :D )

ahh. thought yours was a P1 with P2 parts, except the lights. should have noticed the aerial really. Get P1 skirts :P. P2 ones don't seem to fit properly imo.

looks nice m,ate i wanted white wheels for mine i might get my standard ones painted white they look cool! And where did you get that AOC window sticker/ tax disc holder?? Its mint i want one!

i like it mate :thumbs:
he posted up about sorting the AOC window sticker/ tax disc holders for the member ship pack but nothing came of it, think he made it him self.
i still prefer the P2 lights but suppose its differnt to what everyone else goes for.
will look a lot more the track day car once you have the coilovers.

K33 ELV said:
I'd forgotten about the front seatbelts! ill go out in a min and tear them out!

with regards to the cold air feed, it's a bit of a work in progress at the minute, that feed thats in there now is a crap halfords one, I've got one in my room which is a much better quality and has rubber ends on each end to protect the tin, one end has a flair too which i will blend into a foglight cover (when i can find some!) and stick this in, if anyones got any foglight covers off a P2 Si, SRi or GTi PM me!

Thinking about getting the wheels coated black instead of white but i always change my mind again when they're clean. Although im definatley going to cover the calipers in black hammerite, anyone any advice on this? will i be able to do it without removing them from the car? (dont really fancy bleeding the brakes through if they're removed).

Thanks for all the comments though! I still stand by my theory that P1 rear lights look better on P2's like mine! even though lots of people have told me to buy some p2 lights (made a nice profit on mine though :D )

If your gona bin the front seat belts give them to me ;)

Nah its a phase 2 mate, phase 3 if you wanna get technical lol but i put the phase one rear lights in coz i like them better, they suit the rear of the car more i think!

I made that taxdisc thing myself on photoshop and just printed it out on glossy photo paper and stuck it in a tax disc, tried to get it in as part of the membeship pack but nothing happened :( but i thought it was cool lol, i'll pm you the template and you can just replace my name and number with yours! (font: arial black italic, size 25 if i remember right).

http://www.onaknifeedge.com/aocdisc.jpg
^link to the disc template!

Looks lovely mate, really like the idea of the tax disk, dont see why its not part of the membership pack, a very nice addition.

Are the white alloys much hassle to keep clean?

K33 ELV said:
......Although im definatley going to cover the calipers in black hammerite, anyone any advice on this? will i be able to do it without removing them from the car? (dont really fancy bleeding the brakes through if they're removed).

Just painted my calipers with Hammerite Satin Grey, just took the wheels off and painted the calipers in situ... No problems and the Hammerite seems to be standing up to the heat OK. Go for it: It only takes a few minutes and tidies up the calipers no end.

really nice looking ride mate, im going to put standard wheels back on, cant decide on black/gunmetal or white though, since im lazy when it comes to cleaning my car dark wheels would probably be better!!! are yours powdercoated or painted?
like the aoc badge on your window aswell, its the little touches like that that people notice.
keep up the good work and cant wait to see it on coilovers!

EDIT: Just noticed about your wheels in your sig, DOH!

Back
Top Bottom