My GTi

been meaning to do this for a while. its not in a very good condition at the moment, with a blown engine. over the next couple of months its getting a long deserved overhaul.

to do list: fit new engine, lightweight flywheel, uprated clutch, full de-cat exhaust system, rota slipstreams in black or gunmetal(undecided), full phase 1 bodykit, and a few other little touches.

heres a few pics of its current state:

DSC00568.jpg

DSC00566.jpg

DSC00565.jpg

DSC00564.jpg

new engine waiting for the weather to get a little warmer before i drop it in.
DSC00572.jpg

the bottom end went bang. took the rocker cover off to spray up. ill take a picture of it later and post it. its metallic matt black. very impressed with the results. anyone guess what im driving around? its in the first picture.

Fez bomb!
The GTi looks really good from the outside, mate! Actually I wouldnt bother putting a bodykit on it, it looks sweet as is!

Looks like a Mk3 Fiesta! I Need a Rocker Cover! I want to paint mine but cant affords to hev the car off the road!

Garnz said:
Looks like a Mk3 Fiesta! I Need a Rocker Cover! I want to paint mine but cant affords to hev the car off the road!

lol it is a fiesta. proper shit. its a k reg, dont know what MK it is. will have a spare cover when i put the engine in. sometime within the next couple of months.

andrewb said:
lol it is a fiesta. proper shit. its a k reg, dont know what MK it is. will have a spare cover when i put the engine in. sometime within the next couple of months.

When your new engine is in then let me have first dibs on the Rocker cover please!!!

Mk3 Is Yours Like the Rs Turbo model!

Looks really good mate. Glad to hear your keen to rebuild, seen this fly past me twice now and sounded awesome. Very subtle. Oh and Mk3 fristas are wank and i feel for you.

lol. cheers, on the plus side when i get it back and running its gonna feel like a rocket ship, compared to the 1.1 festa, dont think ive properly been able to drive the mera in months! weathers getting warmer so its going in very soon! rocker cover cost me £5.99 for the spray, and a few quid for wet and dry, and a few hours of my time. thought about painting the letters but im not sure.

Leave them black. Stealth spec! Gonna do mine black now! Just repainted half of my engine after seeing that pic, took a chunk out of my finger removing bits! Been a busy boy tonight!

little update. weathers much better now, so engine is being dropped in on 7/8 of april. waiting for the flywheel to be delivered :) (Your item left the United States from LOS ANGELES AMC at 11:36 AM on March 14, 2007. )

just collecting little bits and pieces.

lead and dizzy cover, thanks to gt andy :thumbs:

DSC00579.jpg

phase 1 bodykit, thanks to o dog :thumbs:

DSC00587.jpg

and new backbox and decat pipe.

DSC00586.jpg

off ebay mate, company called gripforce. couldnt believe how fast it came. if you get it get them to label it a trade sample, then you wont have to pay customs ;)

Back
Top Bottom