My GTi

at last its done. took from 10am saturday until 5pm, then 12.30pm sunday until 3.30pm. we was able to start it up saturday (shooting flames from the manifold :D and unbearably loud) with just little bits left to finish. cant tell you how happy i am. fidanza is in aswel as the decat, (the difference is very noticable) all new fluids and a new alternator belt.

start of the removal
DSC00605-1.jpg

bottom of conrod and bearing shell found in the sump :eek:
DSC00606.jpg

old engine out
DSC00608.jpg

bare bay
DSC00609.jpg

little drink before new engine is lifted in ;)
DSC00611.jpg

new engine in :D
DSC00612.jpg

Batteries died in the camera, more pics to follow later, of the finished result. the conrod punched straight through the front of the block.

rowdy-GTi said:
You`re a braver man than me doing that on your drive. Good luck with the new engine.

lol, in the third picture down you can see a van, this is my mates mobile workshop complete with onboard compressor and all the tools you could ever need :) . went a lot smoother than expected. just gave it a gold class wash and wax, and now need some new batteries for the camera to finish the pics.

I LOVE MY GTI

final pics until i can get enough pennies together to get the bodykit sprayed and fitted.

new engine in its final resting place (bay could do with a clean)
DSC00616.jpg

waxed and ready to go :D (im so glad i dont have to drive that fiesta about anymore :D :D :D )
DSC00615-1.jpg

couple of pics of the old engine with the rod poking out :O
DSC00620.jpg

DSC00621.jpg

DSC00623.jpg

Legend! On the drive way with a pint, now thats Ghetto Fabrication! Glad to see you got her back up and running. Looks like that essex meet is getting nearer.

cheers boys.

johnny the flywheel has a noticeable difference, revs easier and feels faster than the girlfriends gti, definately a worthwhile mod if you ask me! its a very tight fit and you have to use a hotplate to expand it. (blowtorch i use for brazing comes in very handy ;) )

damo have to get a meet sorted soon. doing it on the drive isnt as bad as its seems, i got a lovely tan and natural light is always best. :D the pints were definately nessecary as it was so hot!

its done just over 600 miles now and ive had no problems at all :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom