My GTi

I'm on to my second GTi now, and didn't post photo's of my 1st - so here goes.

Not many mods - lowered 40mm all round, VZr Grill, Black GTi Alloys, De-Cat downpipe & the usual AOC mods - thats about it.

It'll be going in for an Exhaust, but only when the current standard one fails, and i don't know if it would look good tinted or not - opinions welcome. The only other thing at the minute is a bit rust on the rear arch, and some black mesh behind the grill.

I don't think it looks too shabby for 102k miles & 5 previous owners.

DSCN0746.jpg

DSCN0743.jpg

DSCN0744.jpg

DSCN0742.jpg

DSCN0745.jpg

DSCN0741.jpg

One of the cleanest I've seen. Top job

I really wan't to spray my wheels black now.

I cheated a bit - bought the alloys off syms already black, they just sanded them and gave them & couple coats of gloss black & laquer.

Got a spare set of 4 silver ones sat out the back now!

Looks clean in the photo's, but i bet it's the same for everyone on here (apart from simcard) - there are plenty of im-perfections on it.

Cheers syms - it's your fault i ended up with wind deflectors though!

I don't know kelv but live in the same town.

It might look the same as rowdy's but i bet it's twice as heavy!

inspired by my wind-deflectors :) i think its a circle i seen some-one with them and also had to have a pair :)

DaveB said:
I don't know kelv but live in the same town.

Looks great man, I used to beep when i saw you but i started feeling inferior as your 2.0 progressed and i kept plodding along in my 1.6 :O One day i'll own a almera again!

Looks good mate. Would definately go with the tints tho. Doesn't look like it's done 100k on the outside at all.

Matt

Looks good! :cool:

Here`s an interesting idea to keep the red & black theme going, paint the rear cluster surrounds black, if they`re not already & reverse the colours on the rear numberplate surround (black where it`s red & red where it`s black) if that makes sense?

I think it`ll even the back up, as you`ve got the black grille @ the front.

Also loving the black GTi alloys, which is annoying, as I like the gunmetal ones Game (Chris) has on his car as well. :mad:

Love it! Red and black is the way forward. Ever thought of getting smoked repeaters to even up the side profile of the car?

Thanks for the comments everyone.

If the car was any other colour than red, i would change the cluster surround colour, but i think they quite suit the car as they are.

I quite like the idea of swapping the colours on the rear number plate surround, and i may just have to tint my side repeaters - since the wheels have been done i always thought there was something not quite right, now it's been mentioned, it is the side repeaters.

Chris, can't believe you've got another one. I'll have to get rid of mine now, so i can buy yours off you! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom