my GTI

havent got a clue, but it only an experiment to see how easy it will be and also how cheaply it can be done, and as far as the nitrouse goes you've been watching fa too much fast and the furious, there is a switch in the car to arm it and another under the bonnet on the throttle, so it comes on whenever your foot is to the floor, so theres none of this push a button and boost until its gone its more like having a really big turbo fitted

I'm sorry, its just that the majority of people who find out I'v got nitrous are all like wheres your button, and its a bit pointless if you only get 1 big burst, and then I have to explain it all to them

well I'v just been speaking to my dad about the lag on the remote turbo and he said that the reason you get lag is because an engine is de-tuned to allow for the boost, whereas with a remote turbo theres no need for that so all you'll get is the standard power of the gti engine and then when the turb kicks in you get even more power

well I'v just been speaking to my dad about the lag on the remote turbo and he said that the reason you get lag is because an engine is de-tuned to allow for the boost, whereas with a remote turbo theres no need for that so all you'll get is the standard power of the gti engine and then when the turb kicks in you get even more power

Lag is basically the wait between when you accelerate and when the turbo reaches full boost.

Obviously you're gonna get normal GTi power until the turbo's spooling at its full potential, thats completely normal on turbo cars. All I'm saying is that its gonna take a very long time to get the turbo spooling properley and for the boost to return all that way from the back of the car to the front.
Bear in mind that normal Turbo cars lag with the turbo sitting right on the manifold and with short boost pipework.

yes but in normal turbo'd cars they have less power before the turbo kicks in because the engine is detuned so it has lower compression to allow for the boost, so on a lot of turbo cars they feel dog slow until the turbo kicks in, whereas doing it this way I'm just gonna have power, power, more power.

Doesnt it involve a lot of pipework to get the intake from the back of the car to the front? Is there room for it?

Back
Top Bottom