My new Beast

Well as a few of you know I sold my N16 to 98GTi a few weeks ago and have been looking at getting a new car, well dying to get a new car :lol:, so Two weekends ago I headed down to my folks to look at a near mint 51 reg Vectra 2.2SRi Saloon (tried to stay jap, tried a Legacy 2.5 Lux manual not impressed, had a mint primera so didn't want to go down that route, & accords were just stupid money) but the guy was wanting stupid money basicly 2k (& he would tax for 12month £215) offered him £1800 but he wouldn't budge even though he said he was open to offers (tosser!), was a bit gutted as traveled an hour form my parents to go and see it. But all turned out for the best as I saw my now car in autotrader on the Monday night just as the guy listed it and went to see it on the tuesday and loved it as soon as I saw it so here it is......

T-4001.jpg

T-4002.jpg

T-4003.jpg

T-4006.jpg

T-4005.jpg

T-4004.jpg

Its a 2001 Volvo S40 T4 (AKA Total Sleeper), Full service history and only 63k. I knew I wanted the car as soon as I saw it and then I drove it there was no doubt it pulls like a train and was just a lot better than the Vectra, and to make things even better I managed to get it for what I think is a song!!...

Got the timing belt done as a precaution last week (that stung a bit!!) but I took this into account when bargining, and all things considered I'm over the moon with it!!:D . Going to keep it standard but I'm tempted to stick a 1.8 badge on it :lol: :evil:

Total sleeper indeed ;). not too shabby Duncan :thumb:. Shame you've got no plans to mod it as I'd throw coilies on this mother. Then it'll be even more of a sleeper and you can get rid of those arch gaps you could park a bus in :D, and gunmetal wheels and blacken the grille.

How's it feel to drive?

Its feels really solid to drive and its so smooth and easy to drive, and on top of that its really fast!!, I 've not really pushed it yet on the twisty stuff but its feel very good and handles well for a big car, the front tyres will need doing in the next month or to so not going to push it too much till I get them sorted... Just need to get used to driving a petrol again and using all the rev range, but so far I'm really please with it!! apart from only getting about 130 miles for £20!! was spoilt with the N16...

And I'm SO GLAD I didn't get the vectra

Certainly did I'm well pleased, although noticed yesterday that I've managed to crack a front fog, must have been on the way back from newcastle.... something else to add to the shopping list....

New pics with the new grill not the best pics just a quick one when I was getting pictures of the wheels, will add more pics once the new wheels go on, hopefully at the end of the week

DSCN0390.jpg

Neat that, the grill makes all the difference with the look.
Colour coding those bumper strips would help unify the front and sides - perhaps vinyl wrapping them would be cheaper?

Have to admit I'm loving the grill make it look more menacing somehow, and it was only £25 delivered!!, thought about colour coding the bump strip, keeping my eye out in the scrappies for some bumpers I can 'pratice on' as not too sure how easy it would be to remove them with damaging the bumpers, its going to look even better when I get the new wheels......

New wheels :-)

volvo2.jpg

volvo1.jpg

volvo3.jpg

Over the moon with them!, got the leather interior all fitted so just need a dump valve and I'll be able to stick a fork in it as it'll be done :-)

Not bad mate, works well on the car. Arch gap though! Any plans to lower?

Cheers Ed I'm well chuffed they've got virtually brand new Toyo Proxies on, the difference in grip is amazing!!, The arch gap is a little better than when the standards are on!, the way the roads are round glasgow couldn't get it lowered its worse over bump now as the 17's ar 40 profile. To be honest lowering the Almera was one of the main reasons I decided to sell it, just couldn't live with lowered car with all he bad pot holes totally ruined driving made it such a chore as route to work has some very bad back roads, so I'm keeping it standard firm but comfy ride

They went for silly cheap money too! would have looked good on mine ;) Offset was too large though so I would have needed to spend more on spaces too.

Booo, each to their own I guess ;-) , I'm tempted to get the new wheels sprayed, can't decide between black or white, will have to wait till I have a bit more cash too....

I would have kept the old wheel but by the time I spent the money on the new tyres needed and the paint wouldn't have been worth it really ...

I know I was hoping for more, but I think the fact I couldn't be bothered with posting probably limited the people bidding, I'm not sure the offset of 44 was right seems very little difference in the wheel as the new ones are 38, and most guides say an S40 should be 35-38 ?!?

Found out the day they ended that I could have courier'd them for £25! and I could have used the boxes the new wheels came in the guy packed them really well, sods law really, guys coming for them tonight so at least there gone....

Really?! I would have had them for that total cost! Ah well like you say at least you're rid now mate :)

Back
Top Bottom