My new Beast

Alright Garry hows the old girl going?? must be astronomical mileage now ;-), loving the volvo esecially the new seats and new wheels, would be enjoying the seats more if the drivers didn't squeak, need to get the copper grease on the runners & mech & that should sort it

Nice choice :) A mate of mine has one of these, and they are comfortable and pretty rapid.
have seen a small number of these modified and if done with thought, look amazing.

Alright Garry hows the old girl going?? must be astronomical mileage now ;-), loving the volvo esecially the new seats and new wheels, would be enjoying the seats more if the drivers didn't squeak, need to get the copper grease on the runners & mech & that should sort it

Excellent mate, bit luxurious compared to the almera eh?
The old girl is still going well mate but racking up the mileage 108k now. Unfortunatly the winter & wildlife up here has taken it's toll but nothing that cant be put right. Made a few wee mods to her as well, fitted a boost gauge, new head unit speakers etc and unplugged the egr valve. Sounding more & more like an old transit every day now though. lol

Ah take the air box resonator off and stick a nice turbo-back stainless exhaust on her then it'll sound less like a transit :thumb:

I prefer the old wheels as well, you wanted a sleeper didn`t you?

I nearly got one of these, but reliability issues ( i read about ) put me off.

Thats funny Tommo didn't really find/hear of any reliability issues, I think the 2.0 T4 was a bit more reliable than the 1.9 T4, the engines meant to be a bit stronger. I think the only well known issue is the fuel pump but that tends to be around the 100k mark, and mines only on 67k so should be good for while longer. To be honest I love the car its very fast for a big car (7secs to 60) and its very torque which makes it very easy and enjoyable to drive. I wanted sleeper but I like the new wheels so had to be done ;-). I can highly reccommend the T4 best car I've owned, having said that looking forward to next year when hopefully I can get an almera GTi as a weekend/fun car.

I had a boost guage to go in Garry but the guy at the local garage I went to said that the diesel wouldn't boost enough to register on the guage, & I didn't know any different :-(, Its definately A bit softer on the old back than the Almera was expecially when it was lowered, think I probably would have kept it longer if I hadn't done the lowering although it made the handling a lot better

Boost gauge works fine, about 18psi, really easy to fit as well. Must have been a lazy weegie mechanic.
Unplugging the egr just deactivates the valve & reduces turbo lag. I read a bit about it on here, faior had done it on his Di. I was surprized how much difference it made the turbo spools quite a lot faster now.

Yep it was worth the bother considering all I did was pull a plug out lol.
The diesel is surprizingly good compared to a stock gti in a straight line but the petrol cars are a bit more responsive. There cant be too much between them 0-60 though.

Back
Top Bottom