My new car

My new car **UPDATED PICS PAGE 4 **

I was previously a member on here with a N15 GTi, then for the last 8 months I've been driving a Primera Sport+ Auto, which I loved apart from the MPG, so when the opportunity of a good almera deisel came up I couldn't say no. So I got Si's old Almera+.

It an Almera Sport+ 2.2 Diesel 2001 Y reg, its in good nick little sign of repair on front wing (car park dent) but apart from that good nick, the best bit is Si had it remapped by celtic tuning so it puts out around 150BHP, instead of the normal 108BHP, its quick and its very good on Fuel

almera2-1.jpg

almera1.jpg

almera3-1.jpg

Will post better pics once I've had the chance to give it a good wash and polish, already put the 17's on & the headlight eyebrows, seat front splitter to come...

Hope you all like it, good to be back in the AOC fold :), although I'll keep on the NPOC as its a cracking forum too....

offical thread, good stuff ;) looking good, and looking forward to seeing what the lcr splitter will look like on a phase 1 N16.

N16 and diesel representing :thumb:

can i hound you now please? P2 headlights, thankyou very much :D

good choice dude, how does it go compared to the gti and the primera?

but you don't like N16s Joe!!? lol As tommo says, p2 headlights ftw :thumb: Not enough people have done it so you'd still be 'new and different' :)

I like certain tastefully modded N16's actually Ed, nerr :)
Yours being one of them haha.
It is nice to see them getting improved x

Wooooooooooohooooooooo go N16 :)

P1 diesel engine + remap = I am jealous. You don't get many 3 doors like.

Get those wheels off it, and get something chunkier. Get it lowered (wow the p1 doesnt half sit MASSIVE at the front eh?) and that's winwin. I don't mind the light brows actually.

What sorta nick's it in underneath?

right to answer the questions.....

Tommo & edk would love to do the phase 2 headlights but I think you need to do some hacking to the bodywork to get the lights to fit, so I think its more hassle than it would be worth. edk do you know if the newer rear lights are a straight swap???.

The almera feels and drives a lot like the GTi, feels just as fast, just your changing gear quicker, the remap defo gives it a bit of a kick :D, the primera was a totally different drive wasn't as quick as either of these (with it being the CVT) but is was very smooth and just lovely to drive and the sports seat in it were the best seats I've ever sat it, surprisingly it was very chuckable for a big car. Whilst on NPOC I had a ride in a couple of primera GT's and these are very very nice cars...

StevenC sorry bud personally love the wheels and the finances won't stretch to some new ones :(, maybe next year, would like some black wheel eventually, there a little rust underneath bit specially on the cross member, but nothing a good scrub and some hemmerite won't sort :lol:, roads round mine are pants so not sure about the lowering I get bashed about enough with the low profiles

^ thats a crazy aggressive remap to go from 108bhp to anywhere near 150bhp!! to be done safely on dt's there normally a 22% increase - id like to see a RR of this. not sayin its impossible, but defo unsafe if no other engine mods done.

david

^ thats a crazy aggressive remap to go from 108bhp to anywhere near 150bhp!! to be done safely on dt's there normally a 22% increase - id like to see a RR of this. not sayin its impossible, but defo unsafe if no other engine mods done.

david

I'm just going of what the tuning company told the previous owner, they told si (previous owner) that it was a safe remap, as he was one of the first to get an almera done they did a conservative remap, and that the internal could easily cope with it, they estimated about 150BHP, it defo feels a lot quicker than the other almera diesel I test drove, I'd like to get a RR when I have some spare cash, its not that aggressive when you think VW TDi can got range from 110BHP to 150bhp depending on factory mappings.....

The remap been done for a while now, & si had no probs & it seems fine to me, not smoke at all coming out the back (not like the other one I looked at)

Hhhmmm I don’t think its just a different factory map that sets the 110bhp derv apart from a 150bhp derv. The thinking a 110bhp yes probably could make 150bhp with a remap. However a standard 150bhp with a remap could easy see 170bhp. There no way a 110bhp (supposedly same engine components) could reach that on just tweaks. So its not just software that sets these two engines apart!

i guess, thats a uber % retard (lol sorry, im being silly) however 110bhp to 170bhp would then be possible using magic software!

ive never heard of this jump!

edit

from VAG smr
Cupra 1.9 TDI PD 160 PS (BUK) 6 Speed Manual = most powerful 1.9dt

vRS 1.9 TDI PD 130 PS (BLT) 6 Speed Manual = middle spec

1.9 TDI PD 105PS (BXE) 5 Speed Manual = run of the mill.

not the same engine

Back
Top Bottom