My new car

My bad I thought all the engine were the sam & it was just the ECU's that were different, I sure my mate had a 110BHP Golf & he got the the ECU remaped to that of a 150BHP one without any other engine mods.....

Aren't the p1 diesels more powerful than 108 standard?

Diesels always respond well to remap with very little else done to them, much better than petrols.

I'd say a 120-150 remap is more than do-able just with turning the turbo up a bit!

Turning up the wick

It probably is, but then you run the risk of the turbo life being seriously shortened or it just going 'bang'. Scooby turbos can generally be turned up to 1.2 bar no bother, but a Skylines are not recommended over 0.9 bar - they can't take it & need upgrading. Presumably the average turbo diesel has it's limitations too - varying with manufacturer, so a 'good' remap is generally a safer option.

Update:- Couple of changes done, managed to get a very good deal on some second hand alloys (been after a set of black wheels for ages). Also fitted some Blue LED's in the speedo, photo not the best but you get the idea, I get some night photo up soon so you can see the full effect

AlmeraN161.jpg

AlmeraN163.jpg

N16almera4.jpg

Future mods are a Seat Cupra R Splitter, Painted Caliper (when weather allows) and thanks to a very nice G/friend a Prosport Boost guage :D

looks good contrast now witht he black and silver, not a fan of tints but i think a light tint will set it off, i thought they where in pic 1

Its strange in some lights it looks like the windows have a tint on them.., rhyd4 you'll have to let me know where you get all you Avatar pic from ;-)

Love it :D Heh, so nearly all the modded N16s have polished lip and dark centers :lol: They'll look so good all lined up! I like the blue in the dash. I would do that but with the console and screen it would involve LOADS of LEDS and colours in the screen would then not match :/

I've got a prosport boost gauge to go on (just need to pick it up from Di's place :O She's been a star holding on to it for me!) and I'm interested in seeing what the splitter will look like on the p1 mate.

I think you should plan to get this on a rolling road so we can see what it's really putting out :thumb:

Great looking car mate. Welcome back.

How hard was it to get to the LEDs in the dash? The one behind my time/temperature readout has gone and needs fixing (TBH it's probably just been rattled loose by hitting potholes with rockhard suspension). Tempted to go blue now to match my blue LED interior lights.

Great looking car mate. Welcome back.

How hard was it to get to the LEDs in the dash? The one behind my time/temperature readout has gone and needs fixing (TBH it's probably just been rattled loose by hitting potholes with rockhard suspension). Tempted to go blue now to match my blue LED interior lights.

Not too bad theres 3 big Leds and 3 small LEd's for the LCD screen, the 3 small ones were really easy, the big ones a bit fiddly about 30 min from start to finish, I can PM you where I got them if you want

Thanks, not too bothered about sourcing the LEDs though; was more wondering how easy it is and what needs taken apart to get to them.

Two screws at the front on top of the speedo surround, sharpe pull on the bottom of the surround and with a bit of wrestling the surround should come out then 3 screws to get the clock loose. I didn't disconnect the clocks as I had enough slack in the cable to get access to the bulbs. I got the LED pre mounted in the holders for a straight swap

nice loking motor fella, the N16'sare growing on me :lol:
as for the remap giving loads of more power, maybe not as to what you expect, i wouldnt get your hopes up,
:)
ALTHOUGH, the main advantage of a remap is to up the boost pressureand tweek the timing slightly,
this resluting in loads more TORQUE which noone ahs mentioned yet ;)
with TD's this is way more important as its what they produce more off naturally.
so i reckon youll only get about an extra 20bhp BUT gain 50+ lbft :D
thats where youll feel it pull alot more :D
ie my parents own a madza 5 (the big 7 seater) it produces 140 bhp and 266 lbft !! it quite fast for what it is,
and i had a guesstimate about the power figures of getting it remapped, it would only produce about +20-30 bhp but an increase of nearly 50lbft ! thats nearly over 300lbft!!
taught my dad how to get more power out of it a few days ago :lol:
he always changes gears as soon as it comes on boost, like at 1500rpm, i got him to gear change at 3800-4000rpm (red is at 5k) all the way into 3rd at 70mph off a set of traffic lights, (6speed box) and blimey i was majorly impressed by its performance proper in your seat stuff :lol: its all about the torque!
my dad poo'd himself, he dont like going fast hahaha

I definately had to adjust my driving style to the TD engine, as for the increase I'm only going off what the guy I brought the car off said the poeple who had remapped it told him they estimate 150bhp, it definately quicker than my mates VW TD thats 110BHP, its prob not up to 150 but defo better than the 108 standard, as for torque I can't floor it in the wet in 1st,2nd or 3rd or the wheels spin....

Hi,

This week i ask the price of the same wheels you put in your ride , like them very much they are Wolfrace kendo black aren´t they , they´r 16 or 17"?

I´ve made a little photoshop to have a idea of the possible result , what do you think???

Back
Top Bottom