My new GT

not been any update to this for a while so will make the update now.

Car had a bump at christmas, luckily the insurance has went through and goes in tomorrow for repair. This will also include the new bonnet being replaced, rear towbar removal, and new rear bumper fitted.

engine at 194500 miles now and still pulls well for its age, a header was fitted to it back in sept which made all the difference. last time it ran at crail 16.605 seconds, that was before the header was fitted. interesting to see what it can do now....but money is the issue the now.

Car also had full front suspension change as well as new drive shafts, all except the king pin bearings which are causing some issues recently. This removed the hideous squeak it had. the car was off the road for 6 weeks at the end of the summer cause of the suspension. Anyways here is some new pics

This was the cars new header:
31102009038.jpg

Took the car for a wash:

Before
23112009051.jpg

after
23112009052.jpg

http://www.neovvl.co.uk/misc/NOKIMG141.jpg[/img

Here is the plans for the rebuikl of the engine

SR20DE Block
SR20DE Crank
SR16VE Pistons
SR16VE Cylinder Head
SR16VE Camshafts
SR20VE Oil Pump.
New shells, rings ect.
Greddy MSS to manage cam switching
Dastek Unichip onto the DE ECU

I am also seriously considering adding a blower to the mix but i am not sure yet

I also fitted a new steering wheel as the ole one was worn

Old One:
[img]http://www.neovvl.co.uk/misc/stig/DSCI2634.JPG

New one:
DSCI2642.JPG

I need to also look to get the engine bay all clkeaned up and parts powder coated, here is how it looks
DSCI2644.JPG

I fitted the new bonnet the other day there, the ole one had a lot of rust, here is it without a bonnet

NOKIMG197.jpg

and with the new bonnet fitted (with Volvo Spray Jets)

NOKIMG198.jpg

before the bonnet was fitted i was on an NPOC meeting to lake venechar, was an amazing day and got some pics,
04.JPG

Also with the 3 Black GT's together
ScottishMeetApril2010150.jpg

Source: Geordie

Anyways more pics when the casr is returned after body work had been done.

I love the GT's. My next car in 12 months. So spacious and I adore the orange colour they come in. Extra 50bhp but less insurance than a Mera GTi. Dads is in white and I'm not so keen since it's forever dirty. Yours looks good in black though.

I was under the impression the GT handled amazing, but someone recently on here disputed this fact. How are you finding it?

EXTRA 50BHP? Really? I thought they were only 150bhp?

That was an incredibly old post biscuit lol. I meant compared the 1.6 Mera.

Lovely car Stig, the best colour. Looks really clean! I saw a black one drive past, on 17inch anthracite wheels and slightly darkened rear lights. Looked the bomb.

But this is what you should do! Looks hot as fuck this below!
Nissan-Primera-10188.jpg

I am gonna be getting a set of 16 inch P11-144 Sport+ alloys, will have 200SX front 4 pot colipers, and contemplating having the alloys white. also qwill be adding JD headlights also

gave the car a clean and a bit of a polish yesterday

Today was a not too bad day today, so done some maintenence today, topped up the oil, and gave the car a clean. Scrubbed up not too bad. Here is some pictures.

DSCI4147.JPG

DSCI4147.JPG

DSCI4148.JPG

DSCI4149.JPG

DSCI4150.JPG

DSCI4151.JPG

DSCI4152.JPG

DSCI4153.JPG

DSCI4154.JPG

DSCI4155.JPG

DSCI4156.JPG

DSCI4157.JPG

DSCI4158.JPG

DSCI4159.JPG

DSCI4160.JPG

DSCI4161.JPG

DSCI4162.JPG

DSCI4164.JPG

The car's MOT is due in July, but will be SORN'd. I have plenty time on my hands and wether i have a job or not, the car is being stripped, and getting the internals all rust treated, rust cut out, ect. Got a few favours owed so will be getting some welding done. I had a good look underneath today and the rust wasnt as bad as i thought, I had jetwashed the under neath of the car and looks like most of it was just dirt

okay so today i was treated to this:

DSCI4166.JPG

And i am impressed. after the Gt being washed 3 times in 3 days, and been autoglymed, 3 times in the past week, it still managed to take off so much crap that this was a brand new clay bar.

DSCI4167.JPG

Unfortunatly the pics arent that great, was getting a bit dark so i will get some nice ones tomorrow, but here is some so far. I had also done Fiona's N15, it took some dirt out but it is new paint so there wasnt much difference.

DSCI4168.JPG

DSCI4169.JPG

DSCI4170.JPG

DSCI4171.JPG

DSCI4172.JPG

DSCI4173.JPG

DSCI4175.JPG

DSCI4176.JPG

DSCI4180.JPG

DSCI4182.JPG

The car i must admit has came out stunning. Paint is like baby skin again, and thats before the car has even been polished. She looks amazing. Especially the bottom section of the doors where all the tar and crap was that was a nightmare to shift.

the kit was £25 from Halfrauds. that was including 2x Clay Bars, polish, spray mist lubricant stuff. Was very good value for money,

okay, the car as it appeared last night before bed....this was unpolished, but had been clayed using the meguiars clar kit.

DSCI4201.JPG

DSCI4202.JPG

DSCI4203.JPG

DSCI4204.JPG

So i used the Meguars Wax polish on the GT and got this result.

07032011265.jpg

07032011266.jpg

07032011267.jpg

07032011268.jpg

07032011269.jpg

looks awesome, you can see the difference in the pictures after the clay. adds so much more depth to the paint. shine is easy to obtain, depth is hard. well done matey
dboi

Back
Top Bottom