My New GTi

After selling all my cars i was a bit stuck for tranport as my new one doesn't arrive for 5 weeks or so.

Then I saw this on eBay and I couldn't turn it down. With only 47k miles and full leather interior makes this car quite a rare gem. The fact that it's almost immaculate too has made it quite an amazing car.

I am well aware that it isn't very fast(although very responsive down low unlike the 16v) but that doesn't really matter, because it is actually seriously fun to drive contrary to anything I've ever heard said about them. It really handles the bends well accept the steering is a little too responsive for my liking.

I've listed it up for sale already on pistonheads so that i have plenty of interest for when my new car arrives..

1997 VW Golf GTi 2.0 8 valve in Dragon green with Cream Leather

c791_1.jpg

Picture008small.jpg

Picture003small-1.jpg

Picture002small.jpg

Picture001small.jpg

small.jpg

Fook me thats clean. Still just a fat Polo though. The last Gti died in 1991 when the Last Mk2 rolled out. Cream leather is bloody rare though mate. Should have no prob selling on.

Looks great, but get yourself some AutoGlym Bumper Care, which will bring the black plastic trim back to what it should be, you might get a bit more money for it that way.

The thing is i've driven loads of MK2's and none of them held the road like this or felt as fun to drive. I suppose it's all down to personal preference I suppose.

i used autoglymm bumper care on it, but i have a vague feeling i might have used to cloth previously to do polishing at some time as it all came up white again. And by that time i was knackered so didn't want to go over it again lol...

Im sure you will be able to get rid of that easily, looks clean. How much did you get it for? Be wicked if you can make a nice profit on it.

what you going for jamie? ax is now on the road,and should be sporting a 16v lump soon hopefully.....i'll be after you if you get an N1!

I haven't completely given up on the N1 idea, but thats not whats coming next.

I'll give you a few clues, whilst being careful not to give to much away...

*Front Wheel Drive
*It has an LSD
*0-100 14.3 seconds ( apparently faster than that in real life, this is the book figure)
*Japanese
*Has a turbo
*Is a standard car

Can anyone guess.?

I can't seem find any N1's available at the right money, so i will wait until one turns up.

get that heep of shit golf to feck!! :lol:

only jokin! that's a nice one should sell no probs with the leather and low miles

Jme_GTi said:
I haven't completely given up on the N1 idea, but thats not whats coming next.

I'll give you a few clues, whilst being careful not to give to much away...

*Front Wheel Drive
*It has an LSD
*0-100 14.3 seconds ( apparently faster than that in real life, this is the book figure)
*Japanese
*Has a turbo
*Is a standard car

Can anyone guess.?

I can't seem find any N1's available at the right money, so i will wait until one turns up.
Glanza?

Not a bad guess, but the glanza doesn't have an LSD AFAIK. The earlier GT did i believe but thats still only about 15/16 secs to 100mph.

Another clue....

*It has a Bose speaker system as standard.

kev_07 said:
is it an nissan pulsar

Pulsar's are 4wd mate. And none of the Almera shaped Pulsars are Turbocharged as standard.

My 1st instinct was a Glanza but your right the Glanza V didnt get an Lsd for some reason whereas the earlier EP82 shape did??

Is this turbo charger a standard fit or an import modification? Because thats the only bit that im struggling on?

You can get a LSD in a EP82 or a Glanza it was just a very rare optional extra.

I am struggling too......

Back
Top Bottom