My new motor

I've been out and taken a few pictures today, and I'm starting to get the car how I want now.

I bought the car with a lot of the stuff on but I've still been busy with it for a while improving and fixing.

Since purchase Ive fitted a decat, uprated intercooler, new rad, new pads all round, 2 recon front calipers, reconded the rears myself, a full service, had no end of bother with some HT leads which are supposed to be OEM quality, but clearly are not from a reputable company on here.

I also removed the aircon rad and the pump, machine polished the whole car to get rid of oxidiation and swirls, and used the cling film trick to stop the roof leaking.

Set of 4 new tyres, new flexi for the exhaust, fitted a new boost gauge and a piller gauge holder, fitted a stephs delimiter, removed a toms scoop and fitted new better number plates.

Bent the rear grill up, repainted the wiper arms, scuttle panel and rear centre panel black instead of faded grey, and polished the rear exhaust can.

Still got a lot more I'd like to do but since Im on buying a new house which needs a lot of work (plastering, plumbing, heating, new bathroom, new kitchen, rewiring, landscaping front and rear, new roof etc) the '2 will have to be put on hold.

I might see if I can fit re painting the wheels in though, I'd quite like them dark met grey, same colour as the bumpstrips, white is too much to keep clean.

Anyone have any idea what make the front strut brace is?

MR2003.jpg

MR2004.jpg

MR2007.jpg

MR2011.jpg

MR2016.jpg

MR2017.jpg

MR2019.jpg

MR2023.jpg

MR2025.jpg

MR2026.jpg

MR2028.jpg

DSC00107.jpg

Really nice MR2!

So, how do you like the car after some while? I mean, how is it to drive, how much is there to fix of everyday problems on it, and does it use much fuel, and so on?
I've been thinking a bit on buying a MR2 myself, and there has just popped up a very good offer from a serious seller resently. So I would be very happy if I could get some general directions about the car before I deside what to do or not.

Very nice on the eyes and well nippy too. Nothing wrong with the back, I suspect the shape of the rear bumper is more to do with airflow channelling than aesthetics?

Certainly does look good, the only thing i'd change is the rear lights for some later ones, maybe Rev 6 for that updated look?

Really nice MR2!

So, how do you like the car after some while? I mean, how is it to drive, how much is there to fix of everyday problems on it, and does it use much fuel, and so on?
I've been thinking a bit on buying a MR2 myself, and there has just popped up a very good offer from a serious seller resently. So I would be very happy if I could get some general directions about the car before I deside what to do or not.

Im only getting around 22mpg with mixed driving, I hardlys thrash it everywhere but I dont drive like miss daisy, a fair mix I'd say.
The back is quite easy to step out, but at the same time its quite easy to not make it step out, driving in the wet its just the same as any other car, just dont go mental and you won't crash. Although its got a good suspenstion/tyre combo and has been set up well.
Working on the engine isn't as bad as you would of thought, but it isnt as easy as if it was in the front. Gives you major rib pain when working on it for any length of time due to leaning over the rear sail panels. I love it and I hate it, same goes for any performance car really.

JClark said:
Certainly does look good, the only thing i'd change is the rear lights for some later ones, maybe Rev 6 for that updated look?

Most people update to the rev 3 ones, and many are now starting to revert back to the rev 2 ones(like mine), me, however, I'm not that keen on any of them so I'll just keep these. I do however prefer them over the rev3's as they seem to make the car look wider having the rev 2 lights and spoiler.

I don't think its a cusco brace as Ive seen other cusco's braces for the MR2 for sale and they didnt look the same, and I thought it would be strange for cusco to have made different style braces?

I don't think its a cusco brace as Ive seen other cusco's braces for the MR2 for sale and they didnt look the same, and I thought it would be strange for cusco to have made different style braces?

I know what you mean there, but they do tower bars, like what you have and then strut bars, which would use the bolts around the suspension, Im still set on it being Cusco

Very nice car lad, it looks fantastic and in black too :cool: I'm with you on the air scoop though, they look well but I'd prefer mine to by symetrical, and having seen them with 1 scoop either side 2 is definately not an option!!

Don't think any other company would make a strut brace in Cusco colours unless there's some Chinese company called Cosco or something.

It might still be a cusco, but the point about the colours, it could just be a copy off ebay, although I doubt that, not because they dont do that, theres always loads of fake stuff on there, its just it looks a good few years old, before the time of slitty eye motherfuckers making loads of shady copys.

update

Been getting some photos done of a lad wanting to build his portifolio up to do this professionally, and I think he's done a canny job, heres the pics he took yesterday, and a spec list

Border front bumper
ABflug side skirts
ABflug rear spats
clear indicators and smoked front sidelights

Tein coilovers
adjustable topmounts
Cusco front strut brace
staggered 16" SSR Intergrals
RSR exhaust
XS power decat
toyota sports uprated incooler
removed aircon rad and pump
apexi intake

momo steering wheel
poineer headunit + upgraded speakers of some sort
removed the rear grill
A piller pod holder with boost gauge
Trust gearknob
TRD oilcap
2009-02-21-127.jpg

2009-02-21-128.jpg

2009-02-21-129.jpg

2009-02-21-130.jpg

2009-02-21-132.jpg

2009-02-21-133.jpg

2009-02-21-134.jpg

2009-02-21-135.jpg

2009-02-21-136.jpg

2009-02-21-137.jpg

2009-02-21-138.jpg

2009-02-21-139.jpg

2009-02-21-140.jpg

2009-02-21-141.jpg

2009-02-21-142.jpg

2009-02-21-143.jpg

2009-02-21-144.jpg

2009-02-21-145.jpg

2009-02-21-146.jpg

2009-02-21-147.jpg

2009-02-21-148.jpg

2009-02-21-149.jpg

2009-02-21-150.jpg

2009-02-21-151.jpg

IMG_8982-Edit.jpg

I havent had much time to enjoy the car with only getting it end of last july, and Ive fitted the new intercooler, new rad, new brakes all round, new calipers, full service replacing all fluids, fitted the decat and other bits and bobs including a full detail cutting the faded paint back and bringing the shine back, then the weather went shit, and Ive just been using it to go to and from my new house which Im spending all day demolishing and rebuilding (full strip down to shell, completed gutted of everything, floors, roof, windows, wiring, plumbing etc etc) so the noisy bumpy car with no space to carry anything in has been getting me down, so to have a morning spent cleaning the motor then out for a drive with the top off for the pics made me fall in love with again.

cheers lad, no engine pics as its dirty and shitty looking lol, Aint had enough time to strip it down and get it painted and cleaned etc

Heres some other cars that where there too. My mates car is the burnt orange 350Z, and to think he was going to get a red one or a blue one, I had to open my big mouth about liking the orange ones lol. I'll wait for them to drop a bit more in price first, I like to own everything cash rather than tick.

IMG_8977-Edit.jpg

IMG_8982-Edit.jpg

2009-02-21-065.jpg

2009-02-21-042.jpg

20090221057.jpg

20090221003.jpg

Some very nice grading on those pics :thumb:

Nice looking cars too.

Back
Top Bottom