My New Re-Spray

Andrew smith said:
was the tropical green in bad condition when you decided to paint it?

it always looked in good condition when i seen it

It wasn't in bad condition, but there were a lot of panels that were different colours, especially the front end.

I also tried to fix some rust and a big scratch on my wing a while ago, but the trop. green paint wasn't even close to a match - think it's coz that side of the car had been re-sprayed before.

Corbs said:
Fair play to you mate, what equipment did you use? and how much was the paint?

I got a 50litre air compressor from Costco a few months ago, it came with a spray gun.

The green paint wasn't expensive, I bought 2.5 litres (5 litres when thinned)) which is much more than you'd need, but I wanted enough incase I fucked up. That was around £26.

You need to buy lots or other chemicals too; thinners, degreaser, gun cleaner, laquer etc. Laquer was the most expensive at £40 for 3 liters (4.5 litres when thinned).

All in, it cost just over £200... Thats including priming the whole car, which I didn't need to do, but paint (acrylic) reacts with any polish that might till be on the pannel. If it reacts with the basecoat the whole things fucked, but if it reacts with primer, you can sand it down and repaint only the affected bit.

I've only got my bonnet and drivers side wing to paint. Had to get a new wing as the old one wouldn't come off. Also got plastic wheel arch linners (woo-hoo).

kieran said:
is that the same green you get on micra's?

Yeah, it is. The colour code it JT1.

looks really nice mate!! well done for trying it yourself!!! get some pics of it up when you have the bumpers put back on and stuff

reminds me of when I was playin around in photoshop...

549534693_58f85091d7.jpg

549449338_0dc911f5f2.jpg

That's pretty sweet Tommy!

Get some rubbing compound, a polish and a wax on it and it'll look the shizz :D

Any chance of some "close up" pics? I take it you are stil going to F&M - lookin forward to seeing it there if you are.

I've still not put it all mack together... Still gotta but my side skirts on, re-paint my mirrors and bonnet, fix my numberplate surround (don't ask) and sand and polish it all...

youd better start saving for a new bumper and splitter mate to lowwww!!!!(pointless man love the respray though)

Back
Top Bottom