My New Ride

As title had the new ride for a couple of months now so thought it was about time I got some pics up...

I know its not an almera but thought some of you may like to see it anyway, and if things go to plan re paying off my debts I should be back in an almera as a 2nd car this time next year...

Well here it is its a 2002 V40 T4 Sport with the winter pack (love the heated seats :) ) and I love it, I think I'd be hard pressed to find a safer, faster, more reliable, better built, better spec'd car for the budget I had. Looked at a few other cars (at least 10 or 12) but it came down to this or a Octavia VRS and money wise the T4 was a better car (VRS was £700 more a year older and an extra 30k on the clock) and driving wise I prefered the kick of the high pressure turbo in the T4...

Pics as I got her:-

v403.jpg

v402.jpg

v401.jpg

NOTE the gay gold colour adds 10BHP or so I've been told

As she stands now with new grill, performance panel filter, new wheels (not my first choice but for £50 can't complain), and a new multichanger with FM modulator.

vol4.jpg

vol2.jpg

vol1.jpg

vol5.jpg

vol7.jpg

Not a lot of future plans really, was going to lower it but its quite harsh already with the 17's on so prob not going to bother, but think a dump valve and a remap will be on the to do list

Looks nice... not sure on the 'gay gold' colour but the car itself is nice. I have a soft spot for volvos... I have an 850 estate and I too agree... heated seats ftw! P.s the grill really suits it!

cheers I really don't like the colour but after 6 months without a car & in that time this was the only near mint T4 that came up with less than 100k on the clock, it had all the spec that I wanted apart from the sunroof (rare on the V/S40's), girlfriend was gutted as she hates the colour and wanted me to get the Red VRS I'd seen, the grill was a lucky find £30 2nd hand but the guy only had it on his car for 2 months, & managed to sell the damaged original 'eggcrate' grill for £35, I would havd prefered an all black grill like the one I had on the old T4 but at that price couldn't resist...

Is yours a T5, tried a couple of them really liked them couldn't find a manual one though, well found an S60 T5 but the guy sold it out from under me the day I was travelling down to get it, funnily enough that was the gold colour too must have sub conciously wanted it

Colour is growing on me a bit, looks nice in the sun and easy to find in the carpark LOL

I like Volvo's..Driven a few over the years as works cars and can't fault them-Would look great if you got the wheels chromed...If you have a bling paint colour go with it..Nice car-Had the same problem with Skoda's when I was looking for another car-my dad has a Fabia 1.4tdi estate and it's a great little car for what it is-fancied an octavia tdi but was suprised at how dear they've got for a decent car with reasonable miles..spoke to one dealer who asked what he'd payed for it-2 years on the dealer said he wouldn't be far off offering him that now...He said that people have finally realised what a good car they are and there's hardly any used stock about.Hence i ended up with my Laguna,which upto now has been a good car and nowts fell off yet suprisingly lol.

Yeah I really liked the 2 VRS's I saw but they were just stupid money, the red one was a 51 reg from memory and the guy had it on for £3k and I bargined a bit with him but he would'nt come any lower than £2800 even though he'd been trying to sell it for like 2 months! they were nice to drive but didn't have the urgency or the pace of the T4, they were a little better handling, but the build quality wasn't any better and the premium on their value is not worth it... to be honest the biggest problem I found when looking at car is that most of the owners where totally unrealistic in there valuation I watch the T4 for nearly 2 months as the guy had it up for £3000, it was only when he dropped it to £2600 that I went to have a look, but then he made the mistake of telling me what he'd been offered trade in, so I tried to bargin he would'nt so I walked away, by time he called me back a week later I'd had the VRS lined up to view so used that as a bargining tool and got the volvo for less then I was prepared to offer the week before so win win for me, just cause the guy with the volvo was being a dick and wouldn't bargin....

Nice one...Deffo pays to have done a bit of research and not be desperate for a car-not too sure it is people being unrealistic valuation wise though...Dealer in Hull only offered 400-500 less than my Dad paid for his car 2 years ago-and he had a Volvo xc on his lot that he said had gone up in value by a grand since he bought it.Just know I got my 56 reg Laguna dynamiue dci130 with full main dealer history-58k miles(checked by phoning Trenton Hull who supplied and serviced it from new) with a yrs warranty for money that would have got me a 53/04 plate octavia comfort/elegance knocking on for 100k miles or above...

I knew what T4's were worth as I'd sold mine about 8 months before I got this one similar spec & I'd got now where near what he was after, the Guy was wanting £500 on top of list as he said the plate was valued at this, I said not to me what do I care if its got T4 on the plate, I said keep it, then he said whats the point of him keeping it, I said well you reckon its worth £500 so take that off the car and sell the plate, he then mumbled that he couldn't be bothered and wouldn't shift on the price I walked away at that point LOL, I ended up getting it for less than list with the number plate, I feel ripped off I checked & number plate only valued at £400 lol

To be honest all the nicest cars I drove were the 3 volvo's I looked at, I really liked the hyundai 2.7 coupe but didn't fit in it :-( still worked out for the best asI love the T4

Haha..just don't get people buying car specific plates..got mine a few yrs ago as its my initials-however I know it's worth fook all to almost everybody else-and hopefully when i'm old and grey i'll be able to find my car cos it'll have the same no. stuck on the front lol

I kind of get it but to be honest most people don't know what a 'T4' is so to most people it just makes the car look older than it is, which is what I said to him, Its nice to have the plate but I wasn't going to pay extra for it, will probably end up selling when I'm skint later in the year lol

Colour wouldnt be my first choice but otherwise nice motor mate. Got to agree on the Octavias, I dont think they're anything special.

Have you got a new ride to replace the Sport+?? was sorry to hear it got written off at least some of the part will love on LOL, yeah colour is growing on me a bit looks nice in the sunshine, would have prefered a dark grey or bluey/green like the S40 but it ticked every other box...

Octavia was nice was pleasantly surprised but not overly impressed when comparing it to the volvos, the T4/T5 high pressure turbos are just a bit more fun...

Yeah it was a shame, the N16 was a great wee car. I havent replaced it yet, I'm working in Edinburgh now so I can get by without a car of my own. I'm using the insurance money to get the vzr back on the road instead. I'm hoping to have that done by july but you know how it is things keep cropping up and running away with my cash.
I didnt think much of the Octavia after driving smaller cars with the same engine it just felt too heavy to me. I've always liked the T model Volvo's after I got a spin in a 850 T5R when I was a kid, first time i'd been in something that big and fast and the spec is always good where the Octavia is a bit more basic.

colour isn't that bad imo, and i think the wheels suit the car too!

and i'm not sure if it's just the angle of the pics but it looks like the rear end is shorter than an n15 :lol:

Someone on the volvo forum did a photoshop

V401.jpg

Don't want to lower it (as lowering was the main reason the N16 went couldn't live with the harsh ride expecially with the shite roads in glasgow) but I am tempted LOL

Yeah it was a shame, the N16 was a great wee car. I havent replaced it yet, I'm working in Edinburgh now so I can get by without a car of my own. I'm using the insurance money to get the vzr back on the road instead. I'm hoping to have that done by july but you know how it is things keep cropping up and running away with my cash.
I didnt think much of the Octavia after driving smaller cars with the same engine it just felt too heavy to me. I've always liked the T model Volvo's after I got a spin in a 850 T5R when I was a kid, first time i'd been in something that big and fast and the spec is always good where the Octavia is a bit more basic.

Yeah the equipment level in the VRS were not good & the black and white interior was a stupid idea as the white inserts always look manky, the guy at works got a V70 T5 that I had a shot in & I test drove a S60 T5 auto both were amazing and felt even quicker than the T4 (on paper more or less identical stat 0-60 wise) but the T5's have a premium and couldn't really justify the extra fuel costs of the 5 cylinder but my next car will be a T5 in some guise, and hopefully a N15 GTi for the weekends ;-)

Someone on the volvo forum did a photoshop

V401.jpg

Don't want to lower it (as lowering was the main reason the N16 went couldn't live with the harsh ride expecially with the shite roads in glasgow) but I am tempted LOL

As good as it might look, personally I wouldn't have anything with big wheels/ skinny profile tyres & stiffened or lowered suspension just now. The roads are shit everywhere & likely to get worse overall because of the recession budget. I'm hearing stories of bust rims, tyres, shocks & springs on a weekly basis at work. My girlfriend was lucky to escape an accident 2 weeks ago when a standard spring failed on her Mazda ! :eek:

Well seeing as the thread I made for my new T5 seems to have bit the dust I Thought I'd update this with the new whip

Well after wanting a T5 for a while but never quite finding the one I wanted I was making do with a V40 T4 ;-)
newgrill.jpg

But then I got an unexpected bonus from work and someone interested in the T4 so a couple of weeks ago I sold my T4 at about 12:30 and by 14:30 I had put the deposit down on this
volvot51.jpg

volvot5.jpg

First mod was a new plain grill
grill5-1.jpg

grillt53.jpg

She's a 2005 S40 T5, only 2 owners (last owner sibce 5 months old presume it ws a demo) 71K good service history, about £600 worth of common issue fixed for the mot (wheel bearing, font wishbones etc), as far as I can tell every factory option even has a built in phone. First few weeks were plagued with a couple of niggles and crap customer services, but all is well now and I'm starting to really enjoy her.
Doesn't seem as raw or as fast as the T4 but is very smooth and makes a lovely growl, and very nice to drive, and the newer interior is a lot better/modern than the old V40.

First little updates
Pics with the new wheels fitted (much better condition than the old ones as they're off the girl friends 2008 C30)
car2.jpg

car3.jpg

& of course the prancing moose
moose2.jpg

And with todays interior revamp
Rdesignknob1.jpg

Redesignknob2.jpg

And my second hand R design Steering wheel (managed to grab a bargin on ebay after about 10 failed attempts to get on cheap), had to get one as liked the one in the girlfriend C30, much chunkier than the standard one, and the silver accent matches the rest of the trim. (managed to fit myself without blowing anything up or damaging anything :LOL: )
Steeringwheelr1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom