My New Ride

Well after a while searching I managed to find a Nice set of alloys for sale on egay, and after watching them not sell a few times I made a couple of offers which were rejected, then he relisted again & I made my first low offer again and it was accepted so got them fitted at the weekend....
newwheel4.jpg

newwheel1.jpg

newwheel2.jpg

They're a better offset so the wheels fill the arches a lot more, no issues with rubbing, only thing is ths V50 they were on must have been fubarred as every tyre is badley worn on the inside edge, and I think as a result of this the tyre noise (esp between 25-35) so I'll be changing the tyres in a few months when I have the cash...
I'm also happy to report that the ride is not noticeably different compared to the 17's (these are 18's) so all in all over the moon :)

Reactions: edk
I like the look, suits the car well :Thumbs:

I'm not so keen on 40' profile rubber because of the state of our roads, but I guess with stock suspension you won't find it too harsh anyway.

I was dreading the ride as the T5's have the sport rather than the comfort suspension, especially as the standard tyres are 205/50 R17's but I have to say I've been pleasantly surprised little if any difference in ride, no where near as harsh as I was expecting, I think the 225/40's have about the same rubber as a 205/50 so that probably helps...

After ruining the N16 by lowering it (especially with the state of roads in glasgow) there's no chance of me lowering a daily ever again!

My new wheels arrived today, wasn't too sure at first but growing on me... and at least there brand new with new tyres so no vibrations from buckles/bad tyres..
newcarwheels2.jpg

newcasrwheels.jpg

newcarsheels3.jpg

I don't like the R wheels, I like the wheels they look 'better' in person they don't seem to be photogenic, I think I maybe should have went for 18's as the lip seems to make them look smaller......

I dont know how you cant like plain 5 spokes, but I suppose wheels are a massively personal taste.

I think a small drop would make all the difference though, nothing major but just bring it down onto the wheels a little.

I would love to lower the car, but the road round glasgow especially on my route to work are shite!! so it would ruin the ride, strut brace and a thicker anti roll bar are on the list

I much prefer the black 18's with the silver lip mate they just seem to suit better. A friend had a set on his IS200 and they suited it quite nicely :)

Right after deciding that the white whees dont' suit the car (didn't take long :lol: ) I've been on the look out for some OEM wheels, well managed to get some at a very good price last week, & I've found somehwere local to powder coat them on thursday here's the wheels:
Volwheel1.jpg

volwheel2.jpg

Just after some opinions on colour (obvioulsy not white!!) I'm thinking a matt grey/black , or dark chrome, or anthriate any opinions

I'm thinking you could a) leave them as is, b) paint them matt black for the stealth look or c) a dark gunsmoke silver ?
My own personal choice would be for a dark silver, but it's your car dude :)

KY5

-phone-
Remind me edd what colour is KY5? dark silver/gun metal is top so for but going to wait till I can see the colour in person, have to admit I'm tempted to do them orange, there's a black audi A3 with orange wheels locally and it looks really nice, but I don't think it'll suit the S40

Back
Top Bottom