My new S14a

sri_alan said:
Ohhhhh dear. Someone's going to regret that in the morning.

'Not Quite A GTR'
Is that because your almera shares the same chassis and all its lacking is an RB26?
if you actually read what i typed i was refering to the s14a and fact that the 200sx shares the same chasis as the skyline
dumbass!!

Not quite a GTR said:
if you actually read what i typed i was refering to the s14a and fact that the 200sx shares the same chasis as the skyline
dumbass!!
Alan was referring to the fact that it does not.

strange i was always led to believe the 200 shared the same chasis as the skyline

QUOTE.
(Nissan Launches New 200SX Sports Coupe - AutoWeb News
Significantly improved chassis and body stiffness, firmer suspension and ... has continued its praised multi-link system as fitted to the Skyline GT-R. ...)

QUOTE.
(The two styles share the same chassis, and with few exceptions, most components and .... front end (S14.3), and a S13 with R32-chassis Skyline front end. ...)

to fit a rb25 in a s13/14 you simply have to swap the lower subframe and front crossmember from the donor car to the 200sx, things like the steering rack and stuff can all be swapped over with minimal hassle, only probs being getting a new propshaft made up, sorting the rear diff so you get a decent ratio set still, wiring and mapping of course, rb26 is still similar just a little bit more fiddly due to the extra turbo
the thing what puts most people off whois not put off by the amount of work (which granted isnt very much but a big step for most back yard mechanics) is the cost of the transplant, the engines are still expensive and you want the whole lot, practically the whole front end.

Its easier to it into a 200sx than an Almera anyway!....may as well just buy a Skyline.

SX is looking great. :thumbs: came very close to buying one a few times, but dont regret keeping the Almera. :)

putting an rb into a mera would be fucking stupid even though the dream of the idea is nice.
but i have seen a few 200sx`s with the rb in before and they r fucking mental.
fuck it though the s14a is fuckin beautiful and a dam sight cheaper than a skyline gtr

always_sideways said:
Think you mean VVT! No rattle at all, FSH with only 60k miles!

no i dont, i mean nissans variable cam timing...VTC, same thing i suppose, different people call it different things

Back
Top Bottom