My Phase 2 GTi

Well I've been on the forum a while now & thought it was about time I got some pictures up of my GTi. Its a 99 T reg, I'm the 3rd owner & had done around 76K, in good nick although arches starting to rust slightly.

It came with
Janspeed exhaust including sport cat
Chipped (not sure what chip or the effects, previous owner just said it smoothed the power band out a bit).
K&N induction & cold air feed
Debadged

So far I've done:-
Removed K&N
New alloys (Thanks Almeratoon)
rear wiper mod & relocation
Golf 'GTi' badge
Cup & coin holder mod
Blue LED conversion (really pleased with less than a £10 from Ebay).
New number plates with flag & nissan badge on
Clear side repeaters
Sony Headunit & multi-changer fitted
VIbe Fli 10 SUB & Amp fitted

CIMG2541.jpg

CIMG2540.jpg

CIMG2535.jpg

CIMG2552.jpg

any comments welcome (although I know it need lowering ;) )

It needs lowering... :P

Nah, it's a beauty as it is, keep it up mate.
Like the dash...LEDs?

rhyd4 said:
looks good, but remove the gti badge that looks gash
As I can afford the insurance now I want people to know its a GTi :D & I think the VW badge looks nicer than the nissan badge. & I like that its different to the usual GTi badges you see on them...

Each to there own I guess ;)

SMSAlmer said:
It needs lowering... :P

Nah, it's a beauty as it is, keep it up mate.
Like the dash...LEDs?

Just LED bulbs, got them off ebay for £8.99, lucked out really as they sent the wrong set & then sent 2 off the right set out so I had spare bulbs that I used to do the heater bulbs

scoobysn7x said:
As I can afford the insurance now I want people to know its a GTi :D & I think the VW badge looks nicer than the nissan badge. & I like that its different to the usual GTi badges you see on them...

Each to there own I guess ;)

the Almera GTi isn't a very popular car, nor do a lot of people know it exists. to the uninformed, it looks like you've just stuck a VW GTi badge on your car, regardless of what the car is.

24SEVEN said:
the Almera GTi isn't a very popular car, nor do a lot of people know it exists. to the uninformed, it looks like you've just stuck a VW GTi badge on your car, regardless of what the car is.

True. My mate keeps nagging me to de badge the boot (as the front is badge less) but i like people knowing ive got a GTi its the only thing that might hint its got proper power. :roll:

And why isit that whenever you tell someone its a GTi they think its a 1600?! :rasp:

Boo!!! no one likes the 'GTI' badge :( but I do so its staying on :rasp: . I want a GTi badge on the car, & I don't like the nissan one so this one will stay on for now.

Fair play to you, I rather like the badge! Would have placed it differently though.
scoobygti.jpg

tomasti said:
And why isit that whenever you tell someone its a GTi they think its a 1600?! :rasp:
True! People tend to think that my SRi is an 8 valve 1.6 and the GTi is a 16 valve 1.6!

the car looks good , but i dont agree with the idea of having a vw gti sticker on it sorry but the badge belongs to the golf nothing else lol . xx

gti's rule said:
the car looks good , but i dont agree with the idea of having a vw gti sticker on it sorry but the badge belongs to the golf nothing else lol . xx

I agree there. The Golf is much more square so it suits lol

Back
Top Bottom