My Racemera

Hello there..

I want to introduce to you all my bog standard ph1 Almera GTi, being very careful not to step on Rowdys toe's. (pretty sure yours has adopted the name Trackmera anyway :-) )

It's not going to be quite on the same level as Rowdys but the plan is to start getting into doing trackdays, and then hopefully when i get enough expieriance/confidence i want to race properly.

At first I wanted to import a VZR N1 for the task, but due to lack of funds and the fact they are so rare i've decided to go for a cheap as chips GTi. I will be keeping the engine pretty much standard i think just until i get a bit of experience and then i may try and go down the N1 route again.

I have been reading into suspension setups on sr20forum and cannot wait to get started on it. I've ordered some coilovers already and looking into getting all the bushes replaced, but so far its confused me quite a bit as there seems to be so many different ones. I'm not 100% sure which ones are worth change and which ones aren't.

Is there anything else anyone would recommend without spending silly money. Ideally i want to do the following.

Stronger sway bars
Uprated Bushes
Lower Bar
Rear strut brace

My first job is to find a wing and front bumper as the car has some light front damage, i've already replaced the indicator.

The interior is very clean and majority of it will be up for grabs if anyone is interested, also i have a good condition front right foglight if anyone needs one, aircon will be coming off so that available too.

Picture001small-1.jpg

Picture002small-1.jpg

Picture006small.jpg

Picture008small-1.jpg

small-1.jpg

Picture005small.jpg

Picture003smll.jpg

I bought the second hand KSports forsale recently. Im being so sad and inpatient i'm currently photoshopping it lowered :-) ....

looks sweet but you should of held out for something rarer.....like you said there's already a red trackday mera in rowdy's

except suspension what else you changing mate? bigger Brakes? lighter Driveshafts?Lighter wheels? LSD?

No need to get a N1 etc.

The money you'd spend on a N1, you could have a nice 20ve full with mods.

I want to keep the cost down to a minimum on the car as there is so many other things I'm going to need to buy.

Engine conversion is not going to happen, i think I've done my fair share of that and it's far too stressful, I used to have hair a couple of years ago and now its pretty receded :lol:.

Although, i do have a gti-r turbo and manifold in the shed... :roll:

The N1 is way over rated IMO!

A GTi with a basic & reliable GTiR setup (GTiR manifold, turbo, downpipe etc) at 7 psi on V-POWER will make mincemeat of one all day long and will easily make 230 HP with a good exhaust and filter.

Get the bugger stripped bud!

I noticed you linked to gofastdepot for the bushes. Unless things have changed recently then Serban doesn't take orders outside the US.

Good plan mate!...... You have a good base car there. Dont forget to rip out the A/C....plus the whiteline rear sway bar is a good upgrade as stiffening up the rear will give more oversteer which is whats needed for a track car, especially a FWD one.

hey jamie.writing my first ever post using my nintendo wii! check me out.looks mint! need help getting coilovers to you? can do this sat.if you need any help,advice or parts,give me a shout.

DBull said:
The N1 is way over rated IMO!

A GTi with a basic & reliable GTiR setup (GTiR manifold, turbo, downpipe etc) at 7 psi on V-POWER will make mincemeat of one all day long and will easily make 230 HP with a good exhaust and filter.

Get the bugger stripped bud!

I really am tempted, but i think i'll keep it relativly standard at first, in case i choose to enter it into a stockhatch category.

markbuts3 said:
I noticed you linked to gofastdepot for the bushes. Unless things have changed recently then Serban doesn't take orders outside the US.

Cheers mate, i wasn't aware of that, there seems to be cheaper ones on eBay anyway which ship to the UK.

Back
Top Bottom