My Racemera

Damn they've taken it off! There is a non-bodykit black GTi being broken on ebay though!
Strange that the left hand wing costs £48 and the right one £57.60 though!

Hey Jamie, good to see you back in the mera, I've found this site to be great for stock parts: http://www.247spares.co.uk/

You fill our a little form and the message goes out to local breakers and you get a few phone calls from different garages saying they have the part and they give a price for them. So hold out until you get a cheap quote!

Well...

thats a good question, i have no idea, i am so confused, i bought the Alfa and then didn't have enough spare cash to do what i wanted to do. But now i am really temped to sell the Alfa and to fund making it a beast, by either turboing it or doing another GTiR swap..

I tried owning sensible cars for a bit and it's so boring... :lol:

Get yourself a diesel low-cost runabout, sell the alfa, and make the racemera into a monster sleeper. Theres a good lad.

I thought I would update my lack of progress with the GTi, I've been collecting a few bits ready to install, I'm just being a bit lazy now as it's so cold outside and I don't have a garage...

I have ready to fit or on there way..

Rear Strut Brace
Rear Adj Sway Bar
Rear caster bushes
Engine Mounts
Gear linkage bushes
New KYB shocks and Spax lowering springs

strutbar.jpg

Please ignore how horrible it looks in this picture, seriously needs lowering and is flithy, have just fitted the 2 slat grill but i think it looks rubish. It must be because of the black bumper as it looks good on other peoples cars!

Racemera.jpg

No Jamie it's supposed to look horrible! Therein lies it's strength!

however I think the P1 grille suited it better.

Certainly a sleeper ;)

Good to see someone just trying to make a GTi fast. Wouldn`t be to keen on the spax springs. Either save for coilovers ( you`ll thank me for that advice ) or some nice TEIN springs if you insist on the KYB`s.

Yeah i went for springs to keep the cost down, I'll probably eventually get coilovers, i did have some nice Ksport ones, but had to sell them to release some money. The KYB are nothing special just replacement parts £30 a piece at the rear as my current shocks are knackered.

It surprisingly feels so much quicker just having stripped it out a bit, i still need to remove the aircon yet too.. Not to mention going on a diet! I weigh 97KGs!

Corbs said:
No Jamie it's supposed to look horrible! Therein lies it's strength!

however I think the P1 grille suited it better.

Yeah your right! My mates don't understand why I'm making it look worse, but I think it's brilliant. The keen eye will also have noticed I've even painted the wing mirrors black :lol: Not sure what to do wheel wise.. whether to keep them like they are or paint them black, or dark grey..

I picked up this immaculate P2 SRi yesterday. Perfect as a runaround, My Primera was just too thirsty and auto.

Oh, i forgot to mension, though black bits will be coming straight off! :confused:

AlmeraSRi.jpg

Back
Top Bottom