My sexy X-Trail GT :)

This is my Daily driver :)

Nissan X-Trail GT 2001 Model PNT-30
Privately imported from Japan

Mechanical
SR20VET 2.0L NEO VVL TURBO ~ 206Kw@6400rpm, 309Nm@3200rpm from factory!
3" turbo dump pipe to catalytic converter
3" metal biscuit catalytic converter
3" mandrel bent exhaust system
3" hot dog + 3" to dual 2.5" Y-piece
2x 2.5" in ~ dual 2.25" exit mufflers
GTiR front mount intercooler kit adapted to suit
Turbosmart Stealth Return type Blow Off Valve
18psi boost, ECU controlled
02 RUSH foam air filter panel
Bosch 044 Fuel Pump(600+Hp)
NGK Iridium BKR7EIX Spark plugs

Brembo 350Z Calipers & slotted rotors (FRONT)
Standard X-Trail Rear Brakes for now
Bendix Brake Pads(for now)

Factory CVT Auto, with CVT ECU program modified.
CVT has been upgraded with Kevlar/Ceramic internals

Suspension
TEIN Hybrid Wagon - Hydraulic Height Control Coil-over suspension
http://www.tein.co.jp/hybdampe.html
EDFC and Hydraulic Height Adjustment Units

Superpro Polyurethane Bushes to replace all rubber bushes, except front control arm rear bush.
Autech 3 Point Front Strut Brace to clear original intercooler
Lower Control Arm Tie Bar with integrated bash plate

Body
Factory Bodykit
Nismo S-Tune Front Bumper Bar
Tinted windows
Full black respray with an orange/silver kandy

Wheels/Tyres
Bling / Cruising
Chrome 20's
255/35ZR20 (very bald)
Performance / Track
18" R34 GTR 6 Spoke Rims
Hankook Ventus K104 Sport 255/45ZR18
Offroad
Autech 16" Rims with no rubber as yet. As if I am going to take this offroad!

Interior
Autech Interior
Electric Sunroof
JVC DVD Player / Screen
4x JVC 6.5" speakers(pair in each front door)
JVC 6.5" speaker in rear door
JVC 6"x9" in cargo area

Performance
254Kw@wheels on 18psi boost
Mid 14sec quarter with 20" rims with old slipping CVT:rant:
Enough grunt to scare a few GTR Skylines to the legal road limit.
On seperate occasions, making both an XR6T owner and R32 GTR owner nearly crash when they realised I was keeping up with them and they could not merge into my lane...

Future Upgrades?
None needed :P

Cost
Less than an equivalent 2001 GTR Skyline

Video:
CVT Auto in 2nd Gear
http://www.users.on.net/~noelsilv/auexyfor...trail_GT_2.mpeg
CVT Auto in Drive
http://www.users.on.net/~noelsilv/auexyfor...trail_GT_D.mpeg
Notice in drive it does the 0~100Km/h sprint in under 6 seconds ;)

post-50117-1154338537887617174.jpg

post-50117-1154338538710374357.jpg

post-50117-1154338538493706484.jpg

post-50117-11543385381809921956.jpg

Thankfully, the 20's have been fitted to my step-brothers R34 GTR. I have his old R34 GTR rims on it now, the reduced rotational inertia should also stop the CVT auto from crapping itself again.

Currently, it can sprint from 0~100Km/h in around 4 seconds :)

0-100 kmh in 4 secs :eek: so its got 290 bhp? and weighs what 1400kg?? must have some crazy low ratio gearing to do this...either that or you launching off a cliff...ther some bold claims to be making considering a 450 bhp Porsche cayenne, which probaly makes twice the torque of your x trail, does it in 5 sec

iamhappy46 said:
Performance
254Kw@wheels on 18psi boost
Mid 14sec quarter with 20" rims with old slipping CVT:rant:
Enough grunt to scare a few GTR Skylines to the legal road limit.
On seperate occasions, making both an XR6T owner and R32 GTR owner nearly crash when they realised I was keeping up with them and they could not merge into my lane...

Yes, it beats a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S. The videos I posted are when the car was STOCK :)

The engine has been on a engine dyno, made just shy of 640Nm@5500rpm with 18psi but the CVT means it stays in the meat of the torque output during gearchanges. Towing a trailer, it has seen 22psi :)

The CVT shift pattern had to be altered to stop wheelspin on gearchanges.

..ok i make that 340 bhp? an evo fq330 does it in 4.3 or something...it could have 300kw(400bhp) i still want to see it do 0-100kmh in 4 secs before i believe it..sorry for doubting you but lot of people make claims and dont back um up..

dagnut said:
..ok i make that 340 bhp? an evo fq330 does it in 4.3 or something...it could have 300kw(400bhp) i still want to see it do 0-100kmh in 4 secs before i believe it..sorry for doubting you but lot of people make claims and dont back um up..

The Evo`s 330hp is @ the fly not the wheels.

As an EVO only has around 240Hp@wheels and does it in 4.3 seconds, how come 45% more power and torque, with around 20% more weight cannot do it in 4 seconds? Especially, when an EVO needs to change from 1st to 2nd gear to slow that time down, when I keep the throttle open while the ECU changes gears ;)

They don't go straight into an Almera, as they use a 'drive-by-wire' throttle body and the factory ECU cannot be used either. That said, they are a worthwhile conversion.

I can get a brand new SR20VET from Nissan for around US$9,000

I reckon it could be possible, maybe more likely mid to high 4 seconds but you need to remember that the EVO 9 weighs over 1400kg.

That is an animal, did you consider going with smaller wheels to improve the accelaration? or did they look silly on such a big vehicle?

iamhappy46 said:
OK. The EVO has roughly the same weight as the GT X-Trail then. It weighs in at 1460Kg + driver(80Kg).

Ye, thats what i mean. How stiff is the suspension? I can imagine it swaying all over the place under acceleration :D . I would love to see some outside vids of this..

The 350Z brakes require bigger rims to clear them. The stock 16" rims dont fit :(

Also, with the hydraulic coil overs in the super low position, the 18" rims just tuck under the guards.

fair enough i see your point but i was taking about the fq evo's their lighter and make more power....anyway i cant disprove your claims and you cant prove um so how about when im in oz in march/april you can show me :D

fq's only make 247Kw(330Hp)@flywheel(check what my occupations are) so it might have a small weight advantage but I have a major power advantage.

Your car is awesome mate! I wouldnt worry about it's Evo beatin power lol, just be proud!

awsome to see somthing like that be that fast would love to see some of the peoples face's.
and to anyone thinking of getting a SR20VET why dont you just tune a SR20DET to a higher power, will be cheaper and easy due to it fitting our manual box.

Back
Top Bottom