My stepping stone GTI

Hi thought i would post a pic of my GTI that i bought last week.
Im not planning on keeping it, i just got to sort the finances out over the next few months so i can sell it and upgrade to a newer, cleaner GTi.

Hi and welcome to the AOC....

how much did you end up getting the car for in the end... its been hanging around ebay and piston heads alot recently?

My god, did you crash into halfrauds on the way home? :lol:

Welcome to club matey! Where abouts in devon you from?

Cheers

im in exeter, the car was like that when i bought it, lol. i would love to lose the stripes but the paint work on the roof isnt too great so i dont want to make things worse! got the car for £750, didnt know it was hanging about for a while. it drives well as you would expect and the mrs loves it.

yer its been on and off for a couple of months now...

pretty good price you got it for... and with a full P1 body kit... getting rare now :D

good luck with it

ROB

yer its been on and off for a couple of months now...

pretty good price you got it for... and with a full P1 body kit... getting rare now :D

good luck with it

ROB

The man i bought it from was a really nice chap, i dont think he wanted to sell it but he had just started up a business and i think he need the cash.

im really happy with it! the car is fun to drive and the sound it makes puts a big smile on my face!

right, ill be honest here. rather than use it as a stepping stone id be keeping it and sorting the stripes and paint out. the descriptions all made that out to be a clean one and people were only put off by the stripes! are they vinyl or painted ?

however if its just a stepping stone you can give me the front bumper as no one like them anyway ;) ;) ;) :lol:

welcome to the club too!

the stripe are vinyl, there is some rust on the front wheel arch and some under the back window. some of the paint is coming off the roof but you can only notice this when up close. Thanks for all the welcomes!

Welcome! Catch the rust fast and all will be well...

you could always widen the stripes and paint it all black.

wheels and calipers looking good

Fixing the exhaurst

Hi my exhaurts was blowing and needed fixing, from the back my exhaurst look good but when i looked under the car it was only an end bit bolted on to the backbox :eek:

nissan3.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00032.jpg

So i got a stainless steel backbox off the bay (used for £20).
DSC00033.jpg
[/IMG]

I got my GTi up on a ramp the other day and found out that the center pipe had rotten away just before the flange to the backbox, i looked around for a new center pipe but my mate the mehcanic said dont bother and that he will do his magic and sort it without the spare part!
DSC00029.jpg

So he got it up on the ramp and started his magic...
First was to cut of the rotten end of the center pipe
DSC00040.jpg

Then find an extra bit of pipe
DSC00041.jpg

First bit of welding
DSC00043.jpg

2nd bit of welding
DSC00044.jpg

And JOB DONE
DSC00045.jpg

I say he did his magic as it only cost me a create of beer! :lol:

The GTi feels much slicker and the backbox isnt too noisey, so i wont wake the neigbours when i get in late at night!

Back
Top Bottom