N16 1.5 petrol power loss

Hi, New to the forum so hope this is posted in the right place. I have a 2006 n16 that seems to have no power from about 2-3000 revs. I lose speed on hills and its just dead to accelerate, it will struggle to make 5000 revs and I haven't managed to get the car to go above 70 mph.

I have had it in with a good Indy and a Nissan main dealer and neither can figure out the problem, neither think it's the dreaded timing chain and I've asked them specifically to check this. The main dealer reckoned it was the cat converter, this was changed expensively enough but hasn't made a difference. So far ruled out is the maf sensor, timing chain, coil packs, spark plugs and starter motor.

Kind of running out of ideas in this one so I'm just hoping had had some similar issue and a solution.

Hi, New to the forum so hope this is posted in the right place. I have a 2006 n16 that seems to have no power from about 2-3000 revs. I lose speed on hills and its just dead to accelerate, it will struggle to make 5000 revs and I haven't managed to get the car to go above 70 mph.

I have had it in with a good Indy and a Nissan main dealer and neither can figure out the problem, neither think it's the dreaded timing chain and I've asked them specifically to check this. The main dealer reckoned it was the cat converter, this was changed expensively enough but hasn't made a difference. So far ruled out is the maf sensor, timing chain, coil packs, spark plugs and starter motor.

Kind of running out of ideas in this one so I'm just hoping had had some similar issue and a solution.
I am a new driver so apologies if this sounds absurd but I had the same issue and my clutch was on its way out. I had to replace the clutch and I didn't have the issue anymore.

I am a new driver so apologies if this sounds absurd but I had the same issue and my clutch was on its way out. I had to replace the clutch and I didn't have the issue anymore.
I think if the clutch was slipping it would be jumping the revs while driving, it doesn't jump at all just doesn't drive on.

hiya ,i know my reply is a bit late (i've just joined the forum), but did you get the issue sorted out?

I would get a scanner/live data plugged in while it's running and check the MAF is working correctly,you should see the airflow reading increase when engine speed is increased.

Did you get this sorted??? I had same issue in the past and it turned out to be essentially the cat, but what happened was it had total;y collapsed and blew in to the exhaust system and effectively blocking it and would bog out. i fixed it by removing exhaust and sanding it up on its end and tapping it on the ground watching all the remains of the cat drop on to the floor! worked for me . Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom