N16 fog light fitted won't turn on?

You will need a P1 light stalk with the front fog option on it, and a 4 pin relay which IIRC (this was well over a year ago) goes in relay position 9 in the relay box on the left hand side of the engine....

Reactions: edk
Wiring for what? The loom is already fitted to the car. The connectors for the light units are tied up under the front bumper, the stalks just swap over, and the relay just plugs in. You dont need to do any extra wiring. It really is a simple job!

Ok then so the relay goes in the box next to the washer bottle? is the wiring the same colour all the way through to the relay box?

funny thing here is that my 2001 ph1 doesn't have a front fog relay, spent two days going through wiring diagrams, esm's etc then said fook it and fitted the stalk and fogs and it worked straight off lol

You dont need to look at the wiring for the relay lol. Ill put up a diagram tonight showing where the relay goes!

Theres only 1 wiring plug on each side of the front bumper thats spare lol

Phil, yours is a ph1.5 tho. They changed a few thing wiring related after the initial year 2k model :)

It might be the same for Matt here, but i did a swap with an X reg car and it needed a relay!

How many pins are on the relay? Has anyone got a pic of one cox I could possibly get one from work

liam yeah it's a november 2001 build so well late in the ph1's, probably why i have different stalks to the n15 type and the same as ed's ph2 ones :yes:

langler single pole single throw, 4pin i have one here if you want it chucked in the post for gratis, didn't need it for my one lol

Well I know which stalk to get, if I get that wiring diagram tonight, it might be easier for me

yeah SPST, it's a type of relay. like i said i have one here you can have free, just pm me your address and i'll get it in the post :)

SPSTRelay.jpg

for adding pics open an account at photobucket and upload them there, then post the link to the pics here :)

what are the numbers on that relay coz i think i may have the same one as that. where does that wiring go?

Just bought a new stalk with both fog settings so hopefully be here this week. Just need to get relay sorted out

Ive looked and looked for that diagram showing where the relay is, but i cant find it. Sorry dude.

Just fit the lights and the stalk and see if they work, if not just try putting the relay in each empty position in the relay box until they come on :)

Ok no worries, what are the numbers on the top of the relay?

Back
Top Bottom