N16 Video

• Thread starter Thread starter mono666
  • Start date Start date
im sure the police have to actually catch you doing it with a gatso, you can admit to it and show them video proof but the speedo will be unaccurate anyway and they would have enough evidence to convict you, plus you could always just say the speedo was broken or something and leave it to them to proof you wrong which obviously they couldnt do. you can film yourself killing someone and admit it but they would still want even more evidence to proof it was actually you etc.

135 is a lot in a 1.5, our eGT over reads by 8mph at 40 according to those digital displays by the side of the road, hard to believe its that far out really at that speed so yours could be very far out at that kind of speed

sprint said:
135 is a lot in a 1.5, our eGT over reads by 8mph at 40 according to those digital displays by the side of the road, hard to believe its that far out really at that speed so yours could be very far out at that kind of speed

thats what I keep saying all the time, my lasses saxo was out about 3-4mph at 40mph, and that had bigger than standard wheels on
my chavlier runabout is about 7-8mph out at the speed
my almera was out by about 3 until I put the 18's on with 40 profiles

I was on the way to JAE and I topped 113mph (GPS Sat Nav) but on my speedo it was 120mph.

the speedo is out with the standard 15's so it will/should be way out with the 17"s

I think its not really possible to top 130. N16_guy said he has 17's and he said he was doing 75mph and it was actually doing something like 50mph

Almera Guy said:
I`ve got 17s on mine & you think your going down a country lane @ 50, when you look @ the speedo, you`re doing 75! :eek:
From http://www.almeraownersclub.com/newforums/showthread.php?p=123547#post123547

Sorry Darren, but you`ve misunderstood what I said.

This is what I said in reply to that post:

Almera Guy said:
I didn`t mean it like that! (god, the written word gives no emotion )

The speedo is still spot on, but I was going down a country lane I go down every day, (to & from work) wondering why the line of traffic behind me had disappeared, to see I was doing 75 when I thought I was doing 55/60, these Toyo Proxies don`t half grip!

Because of the road & weather conditions & looking @ the scenery, I got the impression I was going slower than I was.

the other cars in the vid look like their going pretty fast too...

So with the speedo, the faster you go the more inaccurate it becomes?
On the way to uni there's a display thing that measures and shows you your speed. When I'm around 30mph the speedo is only about 1mph out, thats not bad really...

lads just posted up a vid...not looking for merit from it..
i did it in the uk... i am Irish with an Irish licence...hence the not at home warning.

I liked the vid and who gives a shit about the polis we have all done these speed and do you really think the polis are gonna have time to look on the aoc website incase someone is speeding and even if they did they aint gonna waste time tracking him down. OH my god!!

shaun said:
we have all done these speed

Exactly. it's not like he reached 300mph is it, it's tantamount to me putting up a video of me doing 30mph on the way to work.

Only just spotted this thread.....i didn`t see 135mph either. I doubt you were even close to a true 120mph. To do those speed continous mile after mile is stupid and actually a tad boring.

I only think it was stupid because he was filming it himself, one hand on the wheel and the other with a camera isnt very bright, esp since you end up concentrating more on the camera

Back
Top Bottom