Newbie needs some help

T

turkomondorolo

Hi there,
I'm new to the site, I've owned my Almera for 3 weeks and i'm hoping you guys will help me out with a problem i have. This is my first car and my car knowledge is very limited so please don't flame me too much if this is a stupid question.

I own a '02 plate Almera 1.5s, and it only has a standard radio/cassette player which is set behind centre console fascia. What are my options regarding fitting a cd player? Is it possible to remove the centre console fascia and replce it with one that doesnt cover the head-unit?? or would it just be a lot easier to purchase a cd changer, and if so which make and model would i need to be compatible with the current head-unit??

My dealer has been useless, so im hoping some of you guys will have the know how i need.

By the way the site looks great, and i hope to spend more time around here.

u can replace ur exsisting radio/cassette player with a cd player then buy a fascia cover from Halfrods for about £10

Really simple to do mate just make sure you dont buy one from Nissan.... Cost me £100 when I got mine.

Bytephreak said:
Really simple to do mate just make sure you dont buy one from Nissan.... Cost me £100 when I got mine.
Current nissan one, the clarion stereo is £140!! Saw it other day when i went down!

Try not to use nissan whenever possible for things like that

I have the same car and I guess you have 2 choices.....

If you are just looking for the bog standard Nissan CD player I would be more than willing to sell you mine.......MUCH cheeper than Nissan offer!

Your other option is to get to Audioleads (someone correct me if that name is wrong) and ask for a facia adaptor for your car (get it for about £10 + p&p) and buy yourself an aftermarket CD player....

If you are interesting in buying the standard one off me, let me know :D

right then... is ti a blot in stero becos then you need to take the centre console out. really simple take out all the screws and pull from the botom usually. then just undo the bolts around the stero, keep the plates hold the stero becos u will need them if you want to bolt in the stero again.. u probs need a iso-adapter. go to halfards' parts desk and ask for one, they will give you 1 or order 1.

can i confirm here, do u need to replace the standard unit to have cd capability?

is there no cd changer set up where u can have a changer in the boot, wired up to the standard head unit?

Back
Top Bottom