Nissan Almera 1.4

smokes like my sri did.

whats the oil consumption like, i used to put a litre in every month i think.

power and pulling was still really good though it did suffer from smoking badly, really badly when stone cold and under high load, lol, one time i had pure white plume behind me like a smoke machine!

NO difference in oil consumption at all

but the oil level hasn't changed in 1k miles eddie, so how will that help. If it hasnt burnt any in 1k miles it can't be that smoky from oil, plus it doesn't look blue smoke to me.

i'm fucked if i know what it is, get that comp test done

I personally think that having your breather system not correctly connected isn't helping anything, (you effectively have NO crank case ventilation !)
I can visualise Oil vapours building up very heavy in the crank case, and getting up past the rings - into the cylinder itself.
I would certianly be connecting everything up to OEM spec and working from there.
See this thread for an insight into how important proper crank case ventilation is:
http://www.sr20-forum.com/all-motor...ly-explained-naturally-aspirated-edition.html
Joe

i agree everything needs sorting, and these bloody carbon canister pipes which by the sound of it are just hanging loose and un connected need sorting lol

but i can't see the crankcase ventilation thing, the smoke doesn't look blue and more importantly ammar said in 1000k miles he's used no oil.

this carbon canister thing makes more sense to me, black smoke, fuel etc

i agree everything needs sorting, and these bloody carbon canister pipes which by the sound of it are just hanging loose and un connected need sorting lol

but i can't see the crankcase ventilation thing, the smoke doesn't look blue and more importantly ammar said in 1000k miles he's used no oil.

this carbon canister thing makes more sense to me, black smoke, fuel etc

How have you blanked it off Ammar? Did you follow my guide?
(mine's been blanked off for nearly 2 years now with no issues)

Think about it though, the crank case vapours are supposed to be burned off anyway, (the stock setup does this and dosent use oil) so the vapours going past the rings would effectively be the same as them getting properly vented, except they probably wouldn't be burned properly like they would if they were entering through the intake along with air & fuel. (hence the smoke!?)
Joe

The carbon canister thing is untouched as far as i can remember, just yanked it out and left it at that :\

Image0082.jpg

Whats that black pipe already going to the intake?

The carbon canister thing is untouched as far as i can remember, just yanked it out and left it at that :\

So you haven't looped the disconnected fuel lines at the back/bottom of the engine bay!? You've left fuel lines... open to the atmosphere???
WTF. Read my thread now man and get that sorted before YOU go up in smoke!

Whats that black pipe already going to the intake?

Thats a vac that goes to a feed on the bottom of the inlet.. its for the IACV I think, that one's vital for idle I know that anyway.
Joe

hahaha, yeh it's going to the iacv as it's supposed to, i wondered if the iacv one was on the back like normal, and this front one was goin to the carbon canister or something

lulz

yeh blocked that. Cable tied it AND put a screw in ;)
And blocked off the now unused inlet breather:
IMG_1781.jpg

Standard procedure kid.

Have you blocked off the Fuel lines like this:

Where it was connected to:
IMG_1773.jpg

And Blocked off :) yo! :
IMG_1774.jpg

ALSO.. Get the Rocker cover breather properly connected!!!:

Sorted out the other breather that comes off the rocker cover with genuine nissan hosing:
IMG_1775.jpg

THEN come back if its smoking lol

Joe

Back
Top Bottom