nissan tilda........

still over in germany at the mo, so thought i might pop into the local nissan dealer... and i spotted in the corner at a very interesting price, the nissan tilda, any know about these? qg engine? anything else, quite tempted by the looks and lack of them in the uk......

The concept looked pretty cool, but as usual the reality of it wasnt to be. Soz don't know anything more about them.

Concept (been posted before but here it is again anyway). Back looks too new corsa like now. Concept was made before corsa.
imgNissan%20Tiida1.jpg

wiki has next to nothing on the car, and i gather its the hr15de engine and a renault diesel..... thought it might be the nearest thing to a n17 lol

Yeah I think it is. It's certainly the most direct Almera replacement. It just wasnt realeased in the UK to conicide with the Almera finishing production. The Note came out instead. I have seen the Tiida on the road in the UK though but they may have been imports or touists driving over of course.

Available in the UK from Arnold Clark: http://www.arnoldclark.com/nearlynew.html?$franchise=niss

Heh looks quite good in the hatchback version (although yes, a copy of the Astra, blatantly :lol:) . Wonder if I'll be able to pick up one of these for next to nothing in a few years time just like I did with my N16 :)

Arnold Clark are importing them from Ireland according to some article I was reading whilst waiting to be booked in for a service.

When compared to the concept above, I think the below is fecking awful looking. Fat and looks like a Renault. I know the N16 is said to be as well, but this one takes the prize:

It's like it doesnt know what to be.
Nissan-Tiida.jpg

^bingo. Grille deisgn style, and check out the side windows. They're the same shape. No. No thank you please. Both ugly imo.

Yeah I think you're right. I've seen it in the range for a few years now. Nissan are now the budget, conservative family choice (except for the 370z and GTR which are a bit random in the brand lol).

At 1st glance, the front looks like a P12 Primera with a Note grille tacked on, which looks ok the more I look at it, but WTF is going on with the C pillar? :eek:

Remove the Nissan badge & you`d be forgiven for thinking it was a Hyundai, especially with those alloys! :eek:

And how the fook ugly/chunky are those mirrors! :eek:

Not a fan of that at all! :(

Want to see pics of the Nismo version though. :lol:

EDIT: Just seen Phils post! :eek:

*Puts head in hands & wanders off, shaking his head & mumbling* :(

Interior is rather Renault too although I must admit it feels better quality than my N16.

There's one in the showroom here, £9995 for a 5 door :)

well had a look round it today, nice well built car, perfect for the married man, which i am..... so took it out for a test drive. the 1.8, and safe to say its very slow and slugesh, and thats coming from a n16 1.5 owner! i wont be going further with my intrest,,,,, i´l just have to see what else is out there. as i was originaly going to buy a stagea but being out in germany getting lhd headlights mite be a big problem

Back
Top Bottom