Not an Almera but....

consett_GTi said:
that looks like you put alot of work into mate. very impressed indeed.

just wondering why thr sr20 out of the almera never worked mate

Well... its hard to explain, because we had never done a conversion in a nissan before, we just took the main engine wiring loom thinking it would just be plug and play. When we started wiring it all in the almera loom fit the engine but not the fuse boxes and things like that. I bought a GTi loom but this still didnt work because as u seen there i needed the front wiring harness and fuse boxes for it to fit properly, in the end it was just a case of "go and turn the key" *krank, krank, Krank....* "put the 1.6 back in and get me on the road again" i had been without the sunny for over a month lol :O

nice one mate, car looks quality now!

the plugs were a littel "damp" werent they lmao

once ive finished the 1.6 i wont be able to tell you if it just needed a service as to why it was slow as ill have to be gentle with her for like a 1000 miles because of the full strip down, the head has gone away for some nice work, mmm polish and grind baby lol

should have videod the antics trying to get the engine out the back of my car with the box and shafts still attached lmao!

had to take the box, clutch and fly off to make it light enough to get it out, lowered the car by 40mm at the back so a nice 80mm drop temporarily for the sunny he he

And i figured out why my car did 36mpg on the trip and why it sounded raspier, next day i checked the exhaust and id blown a nice big hole in the top of the back box from the popping lol oh well, welded a stainless one up at work the next day in overtime he he

Back
Top Bottom