OBD I or OBD II?

It is an OBDII port.
Hi spook - thanks for your reply - I thought it was too, until I attempted to plug the OBD scanner in - the 'ears' on the bottom of the socket prevent the obd scanner plug connecting. I've searched the web and no OBD plugs with slots that will fit the ears seem to be available.

Hi Guys, I am a new member on the owners club, with a 2005 Tino 2.2 Diesel YD22 dci which I have had for two years and am very impressed with. I'm also amazed at the wealth of knowledge on the owners club site and hope that the members can enlighten me with an OBD query.
I have (or believe I have) an SCV problem and purchased an OBD port scanner to confirm the error code(s) that may have appeared, but find the Tino's OBD port is not the same connector as a standard OBDII on the scanner. I've attached a photo of the actual port on the TINO and wonder if any member knows if a converter connector or cable is available for it. Or, is the port I found under the steering wheel not the OBD port and there is another one somewhere. Thanks in advance,

Think the Tino port is behind the glove box from memory

It's an upside down 16 pin OBDII port.
It HAS to have an OBD port within 3 feet of the driver that is easily accessed and requires no tools to reveal. That is an industry standard for cars built after 2001.
If that isn't the OBD port then there must be one in the car somewhere.

Thanks guys - I'll start looking in the glove box area and other places and let you know if there are any signs of one

2004 Almera 1.5 s but I have found it was in the dash under the steering wheel tight fit , had to take the lower plastic cover off to get to it :)

Hello everyone
Someone tried the home made method (by paperclip) used by our friend "wraith" and owner of nissan 1.5 and 1.8 N16. (below attack the link that Mr. "wraith" advised me to follow) on a Nissan Almera Tino?

http://www.almeraownersclub.com/threads/hi-and-can-you-help.28158/#post-296716

My car is a Nissan Almera Tino 1.8 petrol 2001

This is link of our discussion (sorry but I had not seen this your discussion about OBD2 e OBD1)
http://www.almeraownersclub.com/thr...emade-on-nissan-almera-tino-1-8-petrol.49921/
Thank you all for your suggestions

Hello guy
Sorry mate, what's the question

Sent from my D6503 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
my question is: Has someone tryed the method by paperclip on Almera Tino?

You can buy a code reader on ebay for about £14. I would do this.
Do you know which code reader I should buy for a Nissan Almera Tino 2001 1.8 petrol?
Thank's a lot to you

Try amazon too i bought an "autel" code reader for me primera p11-144 for £15.
Decent but of kit for what i paid...read's clear's fault code's and tell you what sensor's at fault,live data etc etc.
Very easy to use.

Back
Top Bottom