pcd offset and other stuff i dont understand!

kia_tat said:
so i should be ok with a 42 offset if iv got coilovers on

What changes will coilovers make in this case? Will the wheels take contact to normal suspensions with 42 offset. I don't have coilovers but I have h&r 30mm lowering springs.

it will mean, coilovers means your car can be low, unlike lowering springs, so you may have catching problems elsewhere
30mm isn't the optimum offset, its 35mm if you want no catching anywhere
and that also depends on the width of the wheel, ie 7x18 rims with 215 tyres and a 35mm offset dropped low on coilovers, no catching, 8x8 rims with the same offset and tyres and dropped on coilovers means it will catch the rear arch and needs some 'tweaking', namely with an angle grinder lol

NaylorGTI said:
it will mean, coilovers means your car can be low, unlike lowering springs, so you may have catching problems elsewhere
30mm isn't the optimum offset, its 35mm if you want no catching anywhere
and that also depends on the width of the wheel, ie 7x18 rims with 215 tyres and a 35mm offset dropped low on coilovers, no catching, 8x8 rims with the same offset and tyres and dropped on coilovers means it will catch the rear arch and needs some 'tweaking', namely with an angle grinder lol

Yep, I know what coilovers do but I didn't understand what was the point.
But thanks Naylor for solving one of my probs. But any how my biggest guestion is how will 17"x7 inc wheel fit with 205/25/17 tyres and alloy offset is that 42 will the wheels catch somewhere or not? And car have h&r 30mm lowering, and no coilovers.

kia_tat said:
coilovers are thinner than normal shocks means less chance of wheel catchin your springs

Jeah, I have known that too. But the biggest problem is NOT that wheel will catch to the springs, but problem is will the front wheels catch the mudguards inside the frontwheel case.

What is the PCD for an N15 almera? 4x100?
*Enters n00b mode*
So I assume that a PCD centre of 114 will not fit under any circumstance?
"Leaves n00b mode* :D

I might be able to get hold of some 17" Momo lloys but the Offset is ET 33 that any good to an unlowered GTI?

Was thinkin of some alloys in the new year seen some i like but only come in 17x7 , 4x100 & et43 would there be problems with this on an almera lowered 40mm?

I tried looking on here to find a list of cars that would possibly have wheels that fit meras- but couldn't find it.

A little help?? :confused:

I've just put in a bid for some wheels on ebay they are: 4x100 & et35.

Am i right in thinkinkg this'll be ok?

RIGHT- I didn't get those other wheels i was OUTBID.

I can get some off of someone who has a mark 3 golf. Wheels are 4 stud ET 35 and PCD 100.

This makes me wonder if i can get them to fit as they have a centre bore of 57 and not 59.

Will they fit and how???

:confused:

Back
Top Bottom