Pel's GTi

This needs a yellow 2 slat grille :)
... and matching drivers

finishthegame_102407.jpg

I actually think it looks alright, don't change anything Pel.

The only thing that I think looks out of place is the pink sticker on the front.

Ok so after a very productive day round at freds we think we may have found the problem that I have been having, the problem was that it was way down on power and stuttered under heavy acceleration. So after swapping quite a few parts about with no result we decided to swap the dizzy with the one off of freds gti, only when we took the dizzy off we were greeted with a rather strange sight
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315172579.460224.jpg
Upon closer inspection the exhaust cam also looked damaged
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315172688.349162.jpg
So that was basically knocking the timing out and making it run like do do.
So after a few changes to the timing we managed to make it run alot better.
Massive thanks goes out to Fred for the coffees and loan of all the tools and doing most of the work. X x
Also fitted a standard cat back on because mine was blowing worse than a 12 year old boy.

Nice works guys :thumb:. Great club spirit, that's what it's all about :).

No probs fella, just glad it`s back to some sort of normal-ness (if that`s even a word). :yes:

We pretty much did an engine swap without actually swapping the engines! lol.

let me explain, as I know mine`s running perfectly, we swapped everything from mine to Pels (even swapped the plugs), but this annoyingly, made very little difference, so after some head scratching over a coffee, it was decided to swap the dizzys, which is when we discovered the chipped rotor & worn cam end.

So, after some tinkering with the timing, it was a completely different beast, still not 100%, but a hell of a lot better than it was. :)

Big thanks to Pel for coming down & trusting me with the welfare of his car, as I felt like a surgeon operating on a child, as it`s one thing working on your own car, as if you fuck it up, it`s no biggie, just go round the corner to the factors on monday & sort it, but when it`s someone elses & they need to get home that night, if you screw it up, it`s your reputation on the line, so I`m glad we managed to find & somewhat sort the problem. :)

I felt like a surgeon operating on a child, as it`s one thing working on your own car, as if you fuck it up, it`s no biggie, just go round the corner to the factors on monday & sort it, but when it`s someone elses & they need to get home that night, if you screw it up, it`s your reputation on the line, so I`m glad we managed to find & somewhat sort the problem. :)

Totally understand this. I've had two people on NPOC ask for me to fit their turbo/hybrid turbo and to be honest it worries me just thinking about it. Even though I've done swapped out turbos twice on my car now, still...

Anyway, well done Fred great to see people working together like this in the club. Shots of Jager for you both at JAE! :thumb: (even though you've provided some of the bottles yourself lol).

great to see people working together like this in the club.

I`ve said it before, so I`ll say it again:

AOC is more than just a car club, we`re a `family`, always looking out for each other (& having the odd falling out), & as I`ve got the facilities, it seems only right for them to be available if needed. :)

Only trouble is, that everyone lives at least an hour away, but the offer is there for as long as I`ve got the unit. :)

I tell you what everything is in Essex got my car from there and traveled there about 10 times to collect parts ha ha.

Back
Top Bottom