Phil B's SR20'D N16

but the gearbox mount must be under constant strain with it sitting that far over? i'll add this pic to my own build thread too but for reference here is where mine sits

N16-SR-DriversMount.jpg

i must admit it took alot of prying to get the thing bolted down. to be honest i really cant be arsed taking back out , but i suppose i'll have to if it's going to knacker the mount's. also the drivers side mount is slightly touching the bracket so it will prob vibrate like mad.

the mounts might be fine bud (bar the possible vibrations) the only thing i'd be thinking about is that the bolt centre line on the drivers side mount is overhanging the chassis rail, and while the welds should hold up OK its something I would change at some point. have you got her running yet? how many relays did you add?

....phone....

I agree i will be sorting the bracket out at some point because im not happy with the way it sit's .
its not running yet, goin to try get her running today i forgot to wire the fuel pump in, i got it to fire for about a second with the fuel that was in the rail. i have'nt added any relay's. where would i need to add the relay's?

I added 2 spst relays, one was for the injector live feed, but I can't remember off the top of my head what the second was, it was simply done due to the differences in the looms as not every sr engine loom wire has a matching wire on the n16 interior loom and a coupel of them were switched live feeds, so instead of piggybacking them off of another switched live I fitted relays, I put them behind the passenger side kick panel using the same bracket that's used at the drivers side kick panel for the fuel pump relay.

....phone....

right im a complete noob with wiring , i have three wire's that need to go to ign live would it be ok goin straight from the fuse box into another aftermarket fusebox? another thing when i turn the ignition on the fuel pump primes for about 1 second then stop's. is there a fuel pump relay in the circuit or do i have to put one in ? also when i connect the dizzy +ve to ign live i get a mil light , it cranks, fuel is getting in the plugs are wet but it will not fire. is there something ive missed out

yes it will be fine, but you'd be as well running a line from the 60amp main fuse from the fusebox next to the battery, and run it in along the engine loom into the passenger footwell. what 3 switched lives do you have to hook up, two of them will be the ones I put relays in for, the coil/dizzy live and the injector live, what's the third?

the fuel pump should only go for a second or so to prime/build pressure.

do you have a spark when cranking? is your nats all hooked up and working correctly?

....phone....

no spark when cranking. the nats is all wired up from the info liam sent me , but the four wires from the transponder ring im not sure what order they need connecting as i dont have this info. how can i test if nats is working correctly ? do i need to do the diagnostics with the multimeter as it says in the fsm

sounds like nats if your sure the dizzy is fine and getting power, why was the wiring taken out of the transponder? you should have just swapped out the whole loom as the n16 nats is completely different to the n15. yeah follow the fsm diagnostics procedure, remember to use the n15 fsm though

iirc black and red was the dizzy, and brown the injector live, but my loom is off a ve and I'm remembering from over a year ago

....phone....

i didnt have the complete nats loom i just took the transponder ring and cut the nats loom after the nats box ,so dont know what order they go in. i ve been going off this from liams build
NewBitmapImage.jpg

Are you still after a spoiler as I still have one for sale in KL0 so no need to respray?

Sent from my  iPad® using Tapatalk HD

this thing still wont run ive got the nats removed by fusion. checked the wiring a thousand times . im losing patience with it now

ive checked the injectors ,ignition and they seem to be ok. any ideas

it did run for about ten seconds like a bag of shit before dying. i dont know what the problem could be ive earthed all the injectors out manually and they open and close . wether the nats hasnt been removed properly or the ecu isnt earthing them out. or a bad earth to the ecu ... i dont know the more comments on this one the better.

yeah, that's what he's saying. like I said before bud if I were you I would buy a usdm b13 sr20 and fook nats off, either that or get a full nats setup including a complete loom.

....phone....

Might be a silly one have u done the bolt up on the Ecu tight sounds like my primera after I did engine swap and this was the issue.

Back
Top Bottom