Pics of my N16 Pulsar sedan

• Thread starter Thread starter rasoo
  • Start date Start date
hi garf, getting my n16 in a couple pf days there are loads available, just search almera fascia in google, and they pop up, beware one site selling for £29.99, others are £14.99

Subaru WRX TD04L (Mitsubishi made), that one had a modified wastegate bracket. I've sold that setup now, currently in the process of another. Plus I'm making manifolds for other N16 owners here in Australia. There are a few boosted QG18 engines kicking around now.

Boosted!

Hey guys, I haven't been on for a while, been rather busy of late.
My QG18DE powered N16 is now turbocharged.
It put down (with a faulty Apexi SAFCII and turbo :( ) 126.1kW (169 HP) at the wheels @ 6psi boost.
It now has 10psi boost and a new SAFCII unit, and a better condition turbo. I will be getting the tune redone in the next few weeks, but I do expect the original power figure to be higher!
It goes very well, traction is lost from a rolling start in second gear at 3500 rpm, usually around 50-60 KPH!

Here are some pics of the completed bay and exterior.

Oh, and I should mention...ALL fabrication was done by me. Everything.

P1000585.jpg

P1000584.jpg

P1000235.jpg

P1000414.jpg

P1000594.jpg

P1000507.jpg

what a hell of a car :D , i would love do turbo mine and see the faces of Civic Type R drivers and alike as i keep up or over take them :lol:

Also the brakes, i have been thinking of that for a while but using 200sx brake calipers, do you know if they would work ?

Cheers

Phil

im not a huge fan of the n16 but that car is very nice. outside is nice and not over the top and the engine is an engineering masterpiece. well done on doing it all yourself, you obviously have a lot of skill

Hey Rasoo - had a glance at your step-by-step process boosting project on the Pulsar forum you've got (big ass thread that is!!!)

Respect to you young sir for your efforts - You should maybe make more of them and start a wee business for yourself :D

Customers could go Turbo and you could get rich in the process :cool:

I would imagine, if the price were right, that there is a demand for this over here in the UK

That's just my "two cents worth" :D

Cheers guys, thanks for the feedback.
I have made a few manifolds for guys here in Australia, a stainless steel manifold and dump pipe will be boosting another N16 in Sydney very soon. That manifold has a Subaru WRX TD04L turbo fitted to it.

I am considering doing more as time permits, but it quite a time consuming hobby!

Phil Robson said:
what a hell of a car :D , i would love do turbo mine and see the faces of Civic Type R drivers and alike as i keep up or over take them :lol:

Also the brakes, i have been thinking of that for a while but using 200sx brake calipers, do you know if they would work ?

Cheers

Phil

Not sure Phil, I am fairly sure the 200SX uses the same rotors as the R33/34 which are 32mm thick. I chose the 300ZX non turbo calipers as the rotors are still thick enough (26mm) and the rotors I used for my conversion are from the R32T Skyline as the offset and PCD (stud pattern) is the same as the N16. 4x114.3mm.

That was the reason I went for the combo I did, it was the easiest to fit.

The R34's brake calipers and discs are a straight swap with the Z32 300zx (twin turbo) brakes (you just need to drill out the mounting holes a bit) according to Jtuner this month, if that eliminates any.

There was a point in there that was going to prove everyone right (in terms of brakes) but my brain just shit itself when I was about to summarise it. I've typed it out now though so I might as well post it!

Hi guys, I haven't posted i here for a while, but I thought I would share the latest upgrades with you.

Well, a bit has changed since the previous pics went up.
The car now has 324mm front slotted rotors, running through R33 GTST Skyline 4 pot calipers. The calipers are mounted on some custom Aluminium brackets.

It also now is 5 stud, instead of 4 stud.
And I had a thread going in the "Wanted" section for some black S2 hatch lights. Well, I secured some extremely good condition ones from the UK.

I have included the latest engine bay pic as well.
This is the car as it stands today:

Thumbs...click for bigger pics

Hi guys, just an update.
The car was recently featured on Autospeed (an online performance e-magazine)

http://autospeed.drive.com.au/cms/A_108903/article.html

In the next few weeks a larger T28 turbocharger is going on, as well as a new manifold and dump pipe. Clutch will be replaced with a HD unit.
I had new braided stainless teflon lined oil feed made today.

I'll post up some pics when they come to hand.

Good stuff Rasoo.
One of the main things i like about your car is the fact you did all the work and fabricating yourself rather than paying someone to do it.
I see you got the PH2 Headlights on there now, looking good.
Keep us updated!

Back
Top Bottom