Pics of my new toy

cov_racer said:
Mates CTR was candy red

Carbon bonnet, grille, splitter, side skirts and boot all from Mugen!

You mean was "Milano Red"

and the carbon grill and front skirt are "REPLICA" Mugen items,and the rest are just carbon copies of the standard stuff not Mugen parts.

Best thing for the CTR is to save up for a Hondata Kpro ECU :cool:

DBR said:

and the carbon grill and front skirt are "REPLICA" Mugen items,and the rest are just carbon copies of the standard stuff not Mugen parts.

what is this your car or something??? doesnt look right to me :roll:

rhyd4 said:
what is this your car or something??? doesnt look right to me :roll:

No its not my CTR.

just wanted to clear up the mistakes made about the body work.the guys most likely had it painted championship white as that was a JDM colour option not avaliable in the UK.Its not to my taste either but its something different ;)

but how do you know ther replica and if it was JDM paint etc? i just seen it was odd your first post was on this car thats all, thought you might have just poped in to clear this up about your car

rhyd4 said:
but how do you know ther replica and if it was JDM paint etc? i just seen it was odd your first post was on this car thats all, thought you might have just poped in to clear this up about your car

I know there replica because Mugen don`t make Carbon fibre front skirts,grill,bonnet and rear spoiler for the EP3.its all plastic/fibreglass.The Mugen bonnet is also vented(2 small vents either side).

His front skirt is From the US,it was designed to fit a US EP civic where the bumpers are a different shape at the front,and i know he had to have it modded to fit the UK bumper(I`ve seen this car before when it was Red and spoke to the owner!).

Mugen don`t make Carbon(or even replacment)side skirts,rear skirt or boot lid.there most likely all Seibon parts(very popular in the US).

And the paints a JDM thing :cool: .for some reason lately alot of EP3 owners want to own a proper JDM CTR in the only true colour a Type R should be!(Championship white like the DC2 tegs etc..)although i could be wrong and it might be another shade of white.

Oh yeah and i own an EP3 CTR ;) hence my knowledge.I`ve been a member for a while, as a guy i work with bought a tropical green S2 GTi Almera,and i was interested to learn more about them and the fact that his car didn`t have any problems keeping up with my CTR :cool: .i just don`t post on here often.i prefer to absorb the knowledge :)

Don't the JDM EP3's have 230bhp version of the K20?

I know they have a lsd,(like all jdm hot hatches :( )

And I agree, championship white is the only colour for any Type R. :)

DBR said:

sorry my bad, lol yes milano red, couldnt think of the colour name. its a plain carbon bonnet and hatch, but hes definately told people on the cruise site im on their Mugen carbon splitter, grille and spoiler.

Now i know lol

GTi kurt said:
Don't the JDM EP3's have 230bhp version of the K20?

I know they have a lsd,(like all jdm hot hatches :( )

And I agree, championship white is the only colour for any Type R. :)

There somehwere in the region of 220BHP same as a DC5 teg.JDM EP3s have different inlet manifolds,exhaust manifolds,cam timings different and a few other tweeks(as japs have better octane fuel).

cov_racer said:
sorry my bad, lol yes milano red, couldnt think of the colour name. its a plain carbon bonnet and hatch, but hes definately told people on the cruise site im on their Mugen carbon splitter, grille and spoiler.

Now i know lol

No worries mate :) .well he`s half told the truth as there "Mugen" copies :lol: .the Mugen gear is SOOO expensive its unreal(front skirt is about £600 :eek: ).I`ve got Mugen replica stuff on my CTR(front skirt is about £200 for a copy and you can`t really tell the difference when fitted).

he posted pics of his car on a CTR owners forum and they gave him a right old load of abuse! some of the CTR guys on there are twats though :lol: .to be fair the guys got balls and gone for something different,although it may not look right in some peoples eyes,its still good to see people doing something different.

Back
Top Bottom