polishing a polished rocker cover??

purchased a polished rocker cover recently and want to know what to use to clean it and keep it nice & shiny :cool: ,thinking something like brasso or similar,any tips?

i'd say autosol is your best bet mate

other than that im sure theres other chrome finishing polishes that would do the trick.

Just spent 5 mins doing mine, aint got much time to do it but heres what I managed in 5 mins with autosol.

I need to get a buffer on it to get it back to its original shine

WildChild88 said:
Just spent 5 mins doing mine, aint got much time to do it but heres what I managed in 5 mins with autosol.

I need to get a buffer on it to get it back to its original shine

That looks pretty good. So the Almera's originally had shiny rocker covers?

That looks pretty good. So the Almera's originally had shiny rocker covers?

i wish! no i presume wildchild must have done his properly a while ago. mine took bloody hours of fine sanding to get rid of pits and scratches, then hours of polishing first time round. looks good but hard to maintain as well.

Not sure, i'm guessing they were quite shiny back in 97, but over the years have become dirty and that layer of corrosion bakes itself on making em the way they look now.

It took me about a week to do when I did it, I can't remember the grades but used a rough emery first with a sanding block, to get it back to the bare metal, then used a finer emery to get out any scratch marks and make it smooth, then spent hours polishing it to get it to shine, and then spent 20-30 mins or so buffing it. Repolished it twice since, but that only takes 10-15 mins and gets it as shiny as i need it. If I ever needed it to be shiny i'd get the buffing pads out and give it a good go over :)

Back
Top Bottom